Lobster Night !!!

Wennfred

in the 20th century, lobster was looked at as a poor mans food and often fed to slaves or used as fertilizer.

my how times have changed:/

i'd give anything if lobster were 8.00/lb in Tn.

i'm going to have at least 3.

In colonial times they were also fed to prisoners so often that they complained. Now that would be cruel and unusual punishment:rolleyes: :p .

As a Massachusetts/now New Hampshire girl who helped my uncles pull lobster pots off the coast of Nova Scotia, I have to agree that the cold water lobster is best. But I'll settle for rock lobster any day.

We always order 1 lobster each then order the prime rib to share. I love prawns, white fish and crab. Cannot seem to get enough. I always order the white fish is they have it.

The last time I licket the plate clean and the waiter said " I guess you didn't like it very much did you".

This will be our first cruise, but from what I've read, the lobster on Carnival are small also. I'm used to Maine lobster because we vacation there often - but any lobster will do:D Can't beat Maine - but what the heck. I love any kind of lobster.

Just back from Auckland to Sydney on Sapphire Princess. The Head Chef said lobster night they used 4400. Just think how many lobsters the cruise lines are going through! Are they endangered? Or are they being farmed somewhere? Yummy though

I want to know how you post the large pictures. I have pics to post but they all come out puney like the lobster MamaParrotHead refers too.;)

Ok thats not fair rto those of us who like lobster...I have to wait for the good stuff till June who is with me.......

Wendy was just like you, until she met me :D She never tried Shrimp and Lobster, today I can't get her off that stuff and its freakin breaking my wallet :D

Cut a small piece and dip it in that warm melted butter and you will be in Heaven, best thing next to sex :D

Fred

I agree!!!!!!

Lobster. The real deal. You can't beat it when it's fresh but you can sure walk away from it when it isn't. I wouldn't eat a frozen tail if given the choice of other items on the menu. That's not because I'm a snob, that's because I truly love lobster.

Really, if you want a real experience eating a good lobster, plan a vacation to New England, and enjoy all the lobster and clams and mussels, along with some good locally-brewed beer.

If you never thought about it, eating locally-grown food, etc., is a fine new idea that's ages old. Which means eating lobster in Iowa would be unheard of. :)

• 2 months later...
Do even the 3-4 day cruises serve lobster?

last year Carnival bragged that Lobster was served on every ship, every trip. I guess it is still the same.

Just curious??I noticed the ships you have saided. Does Royal Car. also serve Lobster on every cruise??

last year Carnival bragged that Lobster was served on every ship, every trip. I guess it is still the same.

Just curious??I noticed the ships you have saided. Does Royal Car. also serve Lobster on every cruise??

no lobster on 2-night CTN on june 9...BOOOOOOOO...i was sooo disappointed!

Cut a small piece and dip it in that warm melted butter and you will be in Heaven, best thing next to sex :D

Fred

Hmm..that's a tough analogy after a certain number of years of marriage I have both with approximately the same regularity.

That photo is delicious...can photos be delicious :D? Yes, I love lobster with warm melted butter...yum-yum. I was just asking my handsome husband how was I going to make it through to our pre-cruise in July (that I just booked to get me to our Anniversary cruise in November);) ! This photo is the answer...I feel like I'm right at the table:p. Thanks for the post.

Okay I have to say, I have never had lobster...I KNOW I KNOW.

I am not a big seafood person & my mother is allergic to shellfish. So out of fear that I too have that allergy, I have not tried it.

So that means you have never had shrimp, or crawfish, or scallops, or mussels? Wow. That, along with lobster, would eliminate dinner at least three nights a week, at my house!

in the 20th century, lobster was looked at as a poor mans food and often fed to slaves or used as fertilizer.

Back in my 20's, it was my "poor man's food", too. My roommate and I lived on the North Shore above Boston, and had "bar buddies" who were lobstermen. When we were TOTALLY out of money, the guys would give us lobsters they couldn't sell to restaurants (culls - one claw - or others that were banged up), so we could have dinner.

I got so tired of lobster. I got over it.

Me too. I just love lobster....all hands are up. When I was a teenager many years ago I ate so much lobster that I got sick. Very sick. For a few years I could not go near it. Then one day I decided to try it again. Now I just love eating it. I am careful to make sure I eat other foods too. Since lobster is so rich, I do not want to get that sick again.

Okay I have to say, I have never had lobster...I KNOW I KNOW.

I am not a big seafood person & my mother is allergic to shellfish. So out of fear that I too have that allergy, I have not tried it. Plus something that expensive here in Missouri, I would hate for it to go to waste. I do however plan on trying it on the boat. Since I don’t have to pay for it:)

So that means you have never had shrimp, or crawfish, or scallops, or mussels? Wow. That, along with lobster, would eliminate dinner at least three nights a week, at my house!

Smiles32617 - I know your cruise was a couple of months ago and I don't know if you even check the boards anymore, but did you try the lobster? Did you enjoy it?

Linda_22003 - Can I come to your house for dinner?

Archived