Anyone done any shore excursions while Pregnant???

KyleesMom

Hey yall! We are getting set for our first cruise in a few weeks and I have a few questions. Has anyone done any shore excursions while pregnant and what were they?? ( we are going to Cozemel and Casta Maya)

I really wanted to do the doliphin encounter with my 2 year old while my hubby swam with the doliphins but they said no pregnant woman allowed. I can completely understand why I would never want to swim with them while pregnant but just petting them??? I guess this just seems alittle silly to me because I handle and take care of 5 horses everyday and I would think I could get hurt with them easier.

Should I book my hubbys swim through carnival or through the actual dolphin place? does any one know how far away Chankanaab Park is from the port and how much a taxi is going to cost us? ( can we use a taxi without having a carseat?) Is it worth the $16 a person entrance fee? I doubt my daughter will last more than 4 or 5 hours anywhere before she gets cranky and we need to head back to the ship.

Any suggestions would be great!

Happy sailing!

Tif

• 2 weeks later...

okay i know this isn't the answer you were looking for but you brought back memories of when my Hubby and I went on a cruise 14 years ago!!!I was 6 months pregnant and my now 17 year old stayed home with chicken pox!!!needless to say on the ship I layed out on the deck forgeting to put suntan lotion on my feet!!!it was a chilly day and I was out there maybe 1/2 hour....that night i was in so much pain my feet swelled up and we had an excursion the next day that was paid for in St.Martin...we went snorkling or lets say my dh did because me looking like a beach whale with red feet could not put the flippers on so I was stuck watching him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now 14 years later we are crusing with 2 of our 3 kids{oh the kid with the chicken pox is missing out again due to college:( but I will make sure none of us burn!!!!!

okay anyway have a ball ...

We went on a 3-day Baja cruise when I was pregnant. We did a city tour of Ensenada (walking around some buildings and then bused to some locations just out of town). At a couple of points there were refreshments provided. The first one, only coke and beer (and maybe margaritas) were offered. I took a little tiny glass of coke...that was my only caffeine the whole pregnancy. At the next drink stop, bottled water was available so that's what I grabbed.

I've done plenty of shore excursions (and other travel) while pregnant, including snokeling off of a catamaran and hiking the Samaria Gorge - I have no idea why they say you can't do the dolphin encounter! How far along will you be?

I think that Chankanaab is beautiful, and worth the trek out there - if I remember correctly, it is definitely not walking distance from the port. They probably won't charge you admission for your 2 yo, which makes it a *little* more reasonable. I don't know about the car seat in a taxi, but you could possibly consider bringing along a portable car seat (like the Safety 1st Tote 'n' Go or Eddie Bauer Portable Car Seat) if your 2 yo is over 22 pounds just in case.

Cheers!

I went on a 10 day cruise when I was pregnant. Also went on a land trip to Amsterdam and Paris. Both trips were planned and paid for before I got pregnant ( I had no idea I was so fertile and would get pregnant the very first try- we weren't really trying we were just practicing) I had no problem with either trip. We did lots of shore excursions even snorkeling. Snorkeling was hard. It was kinda like trying to balance on a ball on your tummy in water. I kept rolling over.

I was told once that dolphins are very receptive to pregnancy...they can sense it. And the trainers have said that if there is a pregnant woman in the pool the dolphins want to be around the woman and are very attentive, to the point of excluding everyone else. At this location, they welcomed the pregnant woman, but after everyone else was done their visit.

I was told once that dolphins are very receptive to pregnancy...they can sense it. And the trainers have said that if there is a pregnant woman in the pool the dolphins want to be around the woman and are very attentive, to the point of excluding everyone else. At this location, they welcomed the pregnant woman, but after everyone else was done their visit.

Yes, I had heard the same thing. And on our dolphin encounters they were very specific about no pregnant women allowed.

I would book your hubby's swim through Carnival...just to be on the safe side. And you and your daughter could take a taxi.

I did the stingray encounter in Grand Cayman while pregnant and two snorkeling tours on the same cruise. No problems, but I would recommend always using a life jacket blowup thing (if you happen to do a non-ship excursion) in any snorkeling as it helps your buoyancy. I found that without the extra help staying afloat, I fell like I was constantly trying to keep myself from going "belly-up"!

Side note on dolphins...if you are expecting multiples you would really throw the dolphins for a loop and send them into a frenzy because they typically have single births and would not know what to think about the 3 heartbeats in one body... :eek: It would be an interesting encounter.

I asked about carseats in Cozumel. I was told that there are no legal requirements for carseats. It might be difficult to find a cab that has proper seat belts too. So you have to do what you're comfortable with. My kids will be 3 and 6 and we will not be bringing carseats to Coz.

I've been to Cancun, Cozumel, etc. numerous times.

You will be able to find seat belts. There are many protable car seats and boosters that don't take up space.

Why jeopardize your children's safety?

When I was expecting, I was told I could not swim with the dolphins, they can sense your pregnancy and will swarm you as other posters mentioned.

Sounds like a great reason for another vacation!

Safe travels!

Archived