Northbound Alaska, Is there a view from port side?

sike43

I would post this on the Alaska boards. You will have a view as you sail the inside passage, as you sail the Lynn Canal and Prince William Sound. I am sure someone that has taken the NB and had a cabin on the port side can answer you better though.

Can anyone tell me if there is a view from the left side of the ship on the northbound alaska itinerary. please help!

I can't say specifically as to a Carnival itinerary...

...but...

If it's any help, we did a SOUTHBOUND Alaska on Celebrity...and had a STARBOARD BALCONY...

Here is our experience...hopefully, most cruise lines would be about the same...

We really had only two "at sea" days...

One where we visited Hubbard Glacier, the other when we chugged along through the "Inside Passage"...

When the ship visited Hubbard Glacier, we spent a good deal of time in the inlet...and the Captain made it a point to turn the ship around a couple of times so EVERYONE got the same views... plus, we left our balcony and spent some of the time out on the Heliport (at the front of the ship)...normally off-limits to passengers, but they opened it for the Glacier viewing...

When the ship does the "Inside Passage", you are going through some relatively narrow straits...there is land on BOTH sides of the ship...better on one side than the other? who knows?

When arriving or departing other ports, most are on fjords or inlets and there are views from both sides, coming and going...

I always hear that you really want that one side of the ship, but, really, it didn't seem to matter all that much...We certainly enjoyed our cruise from the "other side"...

I say, don't worry about it...

Have fun...

thanks gail i will have a look there, steve thanks for sharing, you have been a great help with the input. i just wanted to make sure im not stuck looking at the ocean when there is land on the other side of the ship! As for sealicker keep your stupid comments to your self.

Archived