can I bring diet coke on the star

BLONDIE35

:) Does anyone know if I can pack a 12 pack of diet coke with me on the Star?

I have to have my morning caffeine and I don't like coffee. Can I get room service diet coke with a soda card? Thanks!:)

No problem bringing on your own Diet Coke.

I don't believe they will deliver with the soda card.

don't know if they have changed for rules, some other cruise ships have. but we took a 6 pk of diet pepsi and a 6 pk of regular pepsi as well as a 6pk of water. my BIL had to have his dr pepper, i know they took that.

DH would take his glass of pepsi with him to dinner.

Well they tell us that bringing anything as far as drinks and such onboard by hiding them in your bag, they will be taken away. Thats what they tell us in the corporate office, but i've worked here long enough to know that everything they tell us that happens at the pier really doesn't. From what i know, they will see the beverages in the bags, because they run everything through xray machines. But you might be able to get away with it. I've been told the only way you can bring a beverage onboard that you didnt pay for, is by having it in your hand while your boarding. Like a bottle of water or a soda or something

Well they tell us that bringing anything as far as drinks and such onboard by hiding them in your bag, they will be taken away. Thats what they tell us in the corporate office, but i've worked here long enough to know that everything they tell us that happens at the pier really doesn't. From what i know, they will see the beverages in the bags, because they run everything through xray machines. But you might be able to get away with it. I've been told the only way you can bring a beverage onboard that you didnt pay for, is by having it in your hand while your boarding. Like a bottle of water or a soda or something

If they notice any suspicious items when xraying your luggage they hold it in a room and have you come down and open the suitcase for them to show them it isn't alcohol. No problems at all with bringing on soda or water. If you bring on wine there is a $15 per bottle corkage fee.

I've brought Mt. Dew on the last 8 NCL cruise (last time was last month) and I've never even been called down to open my suitcase........I guess it's because it's in cans maybe.

We were on the Star Feb. 26 - Mar. 6 and took a large bottle of Cranberry juice, 12 bottles of water and 12 Sprite in our carry-ons. Pretty heavy, but went through the x-ray machine without a hitch. We had a bar set-up in our room and used this for mix. It was great!

There should be absolutely no problem with taking either soda or bottled water onboard. There have literally been hundreds (if not thousands) of posts here on CC from cruisers who have done so. I can recall only one post EVER that claimed that one or the other was refused at embarkation. And that post didn't really sound kosher to me. If you call NCL, however, their official response is that neither is allowed. So, please don't call them.

Frank-I hope that you don't unknowingly jeopardize your job by posting here in this fashion. There are a couple of instances in the past where NCL corporate has tracked down employees posting and they were then terminated.

BUT---I really appreciate the help you've provided and hope that NCL actually looks at your postings as a good thing.

-Monte

hmmmm, maybe i should change my name... i didnt think about this could possible get me canned.:cool:

NCL Frank do yourself a favor. Stop posting and ask the moderators to remove all your posts. The official NCL policy is that employees cannot post on these threads without specific permission. Posting is not worth your job...someone was already fired on NCL America for posting.

Archived