More Comfortable - Pullman or Sofabed

PattyW

We will be a family of 4 traveling in one room (mom, dad, children aged almost 3 and 5). Do you think the kids will be more comfortable sleeping together in a sofabed or separately in pullmans?

HAHAHAHA good choice posting it here. I think the question should be "Would you ever put your child, ages 3-5 in a pullman"?

I did respond to you on the RCCL board with a "No way" :eek: but I would like to hear about everyone else's experiences.

I KNOW I remember reading here at the Fam board a while ago that even a 12 year old rolled out of the pullman and broke his leg.

On Disney the railings are better than the ones on RCCL. And the ones on Carnival are non-existent. ;)

DD slept in pullman on cruises since she was 3 - never had a problem. Bed was for SLEEPING (not play). She's not a big toss & turner. The sofa beds are not very comfortable and the cabin is not really designed to have one pulled out. I've never seen a pullman without pretty extensive rails (even on the antiquated ship we took our first cruise on in 1990!)

Pullman WAY better!!! It contains a standard twin mattress. My kids sleep fine up there. On our first cruise I slept on one the whole week because daughter wanted to sleep on bottom. Sofabed has the thin foldable matress. I have seen reviews where people have complained about feeling the frame underneath. Plus a sofabed takes up ALL the little floorspace you have when open.

We will be a family of 4 traveling in one room (mom, dad, children aged almost 3 and 5). Do you think the kids will be more comfortable sleeping together in a sofabed or separately in pullmans?

The sofabed that DD slept on wasn't very wide. It was about the width of a "large" chair, smaller than double bed size. Not sure that two kids (even small ones) would have fit.

. I've never seen a pullman without pretty extensive rails (even on the antiquated ship we took our first cruise on in 1990!)

I wouldn't say that. Here's what the Carnival Fantasy Class pullmans look like. THESE are the ones I was talking about that I slept in. No rails. :eek:

sensationcabin-2.jpg

Archived