What activities for 12-14 year olds on Carnival

Salene

We will be sailing in June on Sensation, :) and the boys are wondering what they will be offered with Camp Carnival. They will be in the 12-14 age group and I have not been able to find much. Thanks for any info.

On the Paradise last week my DD was in 12-14 and they did things like:

Scavenger Hunts

Basketball/ Ping Pong/Mini-golf/Foosball tournaments

Name that Tune

Trivia

A little bit of artwork not much

Cards

Make your own pizzas

They went to the show on formal night

Dancing every night in the disco for 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours (some boys didn't dance my DD said, bu they did things like the Cha Cha slide to try and get everyone involved).

A lot of times, they were just together hanging out at night.

Some of it was great, the scavenger hunts were DD's favorite because they ran all over the ship in a small group and that was WAY more freedom than she usually gets on vacation because we haven't let her run all over Disneyworld for example.

Other things were 'lame' but the kids still enjoyed each other's company when doing the lame stuff LOL

If your sons are both in the 12-14 group (and just in case you didn't know, they really do have to be the actual age 12, 13, or 14, you can't ask for them to be together just because they're brothers), you may find that they'd rather hang out together and do something other than the scheduled activity. By the 3rd day, my DD had met a nice girl and I felt comfortable letting them pick a different activity to do together, because sometimes the more fun activity (like Austin Powers dance lessons) wasn't being done by the group, and they were doing something boring. On the last night, the girls went to the show with us, because the seats reserved for Camp Carnival stunk.

My DD said it was the best vacation ever and was thrilled when we booked for next spring break as soon as we got home. I think the 12-14 age group in particular really loves having a little freedom and space during a family vacation, that's why it's so appealing.

Have fun!

Archived