Tips for dining on Spirit

LuvTheSea14

Going on Spirit on Sunday and I know I have to make reservations on ship for restaurants. It is spring break so it will be full I am sure so I want an idea of what to do. We are 6 people 4 adults and 2 children 6 and 9 I know we want the restaurant where the Japanese food is cooked in front of you for sure. I THINK the formal night is Monday so should we go to the main dining room? Is one nicer than the other? Can we make reservations in the main dining room since I am sure there will be alot of families with school closed. Any suggestions for 1st night on ship? Any sugestions for the whole week would be great Thank You in advance

We just did the same cruise. I suggest you eat at Cagney's the first night or Teppanyaki. When you get to your stateroom I suggest immediately dialing 7555 for dining reservations as I think Teppanyaki is the first to fill up! First sea day which is Monday I believe there is lobster in main dining rooms.

The teppanyaki table is small -- maybe ten people? It fills up fast. The food was great! Not sure if they list a vegetarian option now, but they didn't when we went several years ago -- they still made one for me and charged me less than the full price.

I believe the party has to be larger than six to make reservations at the main dining rooms. Just arrive and be seated quickly.

As soon as you board, book the Teppanyaki as soon as possible for the first night. Otherwise the suites with their conceirge will book it out for the week.

Going on Spirit on Sunday and I know I have to make reservations on ship for restaurants. It is spring break so it will be full I am sure so I want an idea of what to do. We are 6 people 4 adults and 2 children 6 and 9 I know we want the restaurant where the Japanese food is cooked in front of you for sure. I THINK the formal night is Monday so should we go to the main dining room? Is one nicer than the other? Can we make reservations in the main dining room since I am sure there will be alot of families with school closed. Any suggestions for 1st night on ship? Any sugestions for the whole week would be great Thank You in advance

I agree with previous posts -- make your Teppanyaki reservation as soon as your board. For the first sea day, the main dining room will suffice (lobster and beef wellington!) -- we love Windows, which is in the stern -- beautiful dining room! I believe NCL is now allowing passengers to make reservations only on the day or day after, so I would suggest you try to make all your reservations every day or so if you want to try all the specialty restaurants -- if you find that you're drawn to the menu in the main dining room you can always cancel (before 5 PM I believe).

As far as specialty restaurants, Shogun (Asian/Fusion) is wonderful, as is LeBistro and Latrattoria. Shogun and LeBistro are the only other pay restaurants -- check your freestyle daily as they sometimes have 1/2 off the cover charge before 6:00 or 6:30 PM.

Your group isn't large enough to make reservations in the dining room, but I don't think you'll have a problem getting a table for six.

First night on the ship, I would suggest you go to the "opening" show. You'll also find plenty of entertainment all around the ship in the various lounges.

Enjoy the Spirit! She's a beautiful ship and the crew is one of the best (the other is the Majesty:p ) in the fleet!

I believe the party has to be larger than six to make reservations at the main dining rooms. Just arrive and be seated quickly.

As soon as you board, book the Teppanyaki as soon as possible for the first night. Otherwise the suites with their conceirge will book it out for the week.

I know there is a new 24 hr. limit on reservation to speciality restaurants. If you have a suite, can you book it farther in advance than 24 hr? TIA.

Beware with having to dial for reservations. On returning to our cabin we saw notices on the shell of the doors explaining that the reservations numbers were not working. Instead of making our phone call reservations we went to the desk in the main area and just waited online. This way we didnt waste time waiting for them to answer the phones or deal with busy signals. Our first day at sea we had no phone at all. The phone system seemed to be a real problem.

Archived