Kipu ranch kauai

rddudley

We did the ATV Kipu Ranch tour. We rented a car. Someone from the ship took a taxi. Unfortunately, we didn't ask him how much he paid for it. We drove him back to the ship in our car. He didn't want to wait around for the taxi to come get him, plus the additional expense. Perhaps the taxi was cheaper, I am not sure, but it was nice after the tour to jump in the car and go. We really enjoyed the ATV tour. It rained and the trail got muddy but boy was it fun..!

We did the ATV Kipu Ranch tour. We rented a car. Someone from the ship took a taxi. Unfortunately, we didn't ask him how much he paid for it. We drove him back to the ship in our car. He didn't want to wait around for the taxi to come get him, plus the additional expense. Perhaps the taxi was cheaper, I am not sure, but it was nice after the tour to jump in the car and go. We really enjoyed the ATV tour. It rained and the trail got muddy but boy was it fun..!

Thanks Hawaii 13. I think we will keep our car. Which cruise line did you take? Our cruise departs Kauai at 2:00 PM, so want to make sure we aren't late returning it and getting back on the ship.

We are really looking forward to this excursion:-)

We just returned from NCL's Pride of Hawaii. We have been to Hawaii before but this was our first cruise there. The Kipu Ranch Tour ATV ride was my favorite activity. It was just different. We did a few bus tours which were very good, but that isn't really our thing.

If it rains, which it did for our Kipu Tour, it will get muddy so be sure to bring cruddy clothes. It rained in the beginning and then stopped. They will provide you with rain jackets. They will give you helmets, goggles, and bandana's to use to wipe mud or dirt. If it is dry, they said it can get dusty. I think I preferred the mud! We rented an ATV where we could ride side by side by side because I wasn't sure I wanted to ride solo. Some mud got kicked up from the wheels and got on our legs but no big deal and we weren't that dirty. After, they have a hose if you need to hose off your shoes, which we did. We did the 3 hour tour. It started at 1:30. They give you instructions etc.. and we got on the road at 2:00. It ended promptly at 5:00. They stop in some forested areas. If you think of bug spray, bring it but if not its no big deal. I had shorts on - which is allowed if you are in the side/side but not the individual ones. I got mosquito bites but hubby didn't. Again, it was no big deal if you don't bring the spray.

I know its more info then you asked for but we just loved this trip and would recommend it to anyone!

We just returned from NCL's Pride of Hawaii. We have been to Hawaii before but this was our first cruise there. The Kipu Ranch Tour ATV ride was my favorite activity. It was just different. We did a few bus tours which were very good, but that isn't really our thing.

If it rains, which it did for our Kipu Tour, it will get muddy so be sure to bring cruddy clothes. It rained in the beginning and then stopped. They will provide you with rain jackets. They will give you helmets, goggles, and bandana's to use to wipe mud or dirt. If it is dry, they said it can get dusty. I think I preferred the mud! We rented an ATV where we could ride side by side by side because I wasn't sure I wanted to ride solo. Some mud got kicked up from the wheels and got on our legs but no big deal and we weren't that dirty. After, they have a hose if you need to hose off your shoes, which we did. We did the 3 hour tour. It started at 1:30. They give you instructions etc.. and we got on the road at 2:00. It ended promptly at 5:00. They stop in some forested areas. If you think of bug spray, bring it but if not its no big deal. I had shorts on - which is allowed if you are in the side/side but not the individual ones. I got mosquito bites but hubby didn't. Again, it was no big deal if you don't bring the spray.

I know its more info then you asked for but we just loved this trip and would recommend it to anyone!

Thanks, appreciate the additional info as I would not have thought to ask some of these questions. I did not think we would have to wear pants...we are all riding solo, so this will help me be better prepared. I can hardly wait. This was the first excursion we booked and the one my DH is the most excited about. Can't wait for May:-)

Archived