Do we let .......

majosa

When we know in advance that we won't be eating in the dining room, we try to tell our waitstaff, not the Maitre D', and our tablemates. It isn't a requirement, but we feel it is the polite thing to do so they won't be waiting on us.

No, I don't believe that most people do. We try to warn our servers and tablemates if we think we could skip the next evening or tell em not to wait for us if we don't show on time any evening, so they won't be left waiting.

K

If you don't plan to eat in the dining room even one night then yes, the Maitre D' should be told on embarkation day. That way he may be able to accommodate other requests for a change in seating or dining time.

If you don't plan to eat in the dining room even one night then yes, the Maitre D' should be told on embarkation day. That way he may be able to accommodate other requests for a change in seating or dining time.

I believe the above to be correct. If you know you won't be on certain nights, than it is proper to tell your waiter the night before (in advance) so they are not waiting on you.

LOL>>> speaking of "courtesy" it would be nice if people would make the "topic" of their posts reflect the content of the post..

instead of "do we let......"...

why not make the header read "Let matire d' know if not eating in dining room???????"

wouldn't that be "courteous" to fellow posters? I am not meaning to pick on you, but really it sometimes seems that this board would be a lot easier to read if people were more specific.

I have been guilty of this myself, but I am really trying to make any thread I start be the "topic" of the thread

LOL>>> speaking of "courtesy" it would be nice if people would make the "topic" of their posts reflect the content of the post..

instead of "do we let......"...

why not make the header read "Let matire d' know if not eating in dining room???????"

wouldn't that be "courteous" to fellow posters? I am not meaning to pick on you, but really it sometimes seems that this board would be a lot easier to read if people were more specific.

I have been guilty of this myself, but I am really trying to make any thread I start be the "topic" of the thread

Good Point, but 95% of the time if you point your mouse over the thread you can read enough to get a good indication of what the thread is about.

It basically comes with the territory of a huge board like this, you arent going to get proper thread titles...I have pretty much accepted that fact.

We will have "Help..Urgent question" or "??????" or "Have you heard about this"

To the OP, I always tell my tablemates and the head waiter, that if Im not at the table by the time dinner starts, I wont be coming that night.

Good Point, but 95% of the time if you point your mouse over the thread you can read enough to get a good indication of what the thread is about.

Thats what i was just thinking, you don't have to actually click on the thread, just run your curser over it and read the first question.

~~~~~~And yes, we always let the waiter know at dinner the night before that will will not be dining the next night.

Thats what i was just thinking, you don't have to actually click on the thread, just run your curser over it and read the first question.

~~~~~~And yes, we always let the waiter know at dinner the night before that will will not be dining the next night.

LOL>> yes, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. It would be nice if people could make the headers more specific, sometimes you have to read down to see what the topic really is.

I hadn't thought about that but now DH and I will let the maitre d' know on our first night that we won't be eating in the dining room at all.

It's a Canada cruise in July and we just want to relax on deck and not bother with getting dressed up. It's gonna be our own "freestyle" dining.:p

Archived