Lewd is crude but not a crime

smeyer418

There were hundreds of pictures taken with cowboy. People were calling him over asking to have their picture taken with him. If he were crude and groping, why were so many women and men always eager to talk to him. Let's face it, he was the life of the party and one person took offense to him. We don't know her reasons or motivation. With his body and good looks he could have groped me anytime.
I, for one, would like to view said evidence myself. :D

I am afraid a picture could get in the wrong hands and identify this midshipmen if he hasn't been already. Just imagine tanned body, 0% body fat, nice shoulders, slim hips, blue eyes and a face between a young Richard Gere and Ben Affleck. Sweet dreams.

I am afraid a picture could get in the wrong hands and identify this midshipmen if he hasn't been already. Just imagine tanned body, 0% body fat, nice shoulders, slim hips, blue eyes and a face between a young Richard Gere and Ben Affleck. Sweet dreams.
Sigh.... this is gonna be a long night. :D

The GROPING Of Women was alleged... show some evidence and then the case will rest. Until that such time... the cadets fall under the direct bases that America was built on.. INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Get REAL ...

If you are refering to my statement.... then I would direct you to my original post in this thread that said....

.......I am not saying these midshipmen are guilty, but the allegations raised certainly seem within the definitions of this article and would seem to be worthy of investigation by the Academy......

I too think of this as allegations, but do think they warrent investigation. The problem I have with the way this thread has started (and progressed) is summed up in the title "Lewd is crude but not a crime". I think the OP raises that same question.... if it occurred.....why would it be only lewd and not a crime.

Two of these "evil letcherous" midshipmen helped my sister up off the deck when she slipped and fell getting out of the pool. They were the only people that made any effort to help her. They may have been a bit wild on the outside...re: the speedos, cowboy hats, boas, etc. but they proved themselves to be gentlemen on the inside.

[quote name='chasetf']One place you could go look for a definition is: [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disorderly_conduct[/URL]

UCMJ defines it as: (2) [I]Disorderly[/I]. Disorderly conduct is conduct of such a nature as to affect the peace and quiet of persons who may witness it and who may be disturbed or provoked to resentment thereby. It includes [B]conduct that endangers public morals or outrages public decency[/B] and any disturbance of a contentious or turbulent character.

I think [B]groping women[/B] in public would fit that definition. .....[B]WOULDN'T YOU[/B][/quote]

If that occurred on that cruise, why did no one complain about it during the cruise or immediately after to offending Midshipmen, the ship's officers or the cruise management - but instead one person sent an e-mail to the
Naval Academy almost two weeks later, only to recant her story after it blew up in public?

Archived