mom travelling with child

lorven

I've cruised with my 9yo son for February school vacation the last two years. We've enjoyed it so much that we are planning Alaska for the summer of '08.

It has been the prefect way to travel alone with a child. There is a great mix of things we can do together and time to do our own thing. Both cruises have been on RCI Voyager Class ships. The kids program is excellent for this age group.

jean

If you board in Vancouver your kiddo might enjoy the aquarium over at Stanley Park if you have the time. The Skytrain also runs to One Canada Place, if he is into trains.:D

I've cruised with my 9yo son for February school vacation the last two years. We've enjoyed it so much that we are planning Alaska for the summer of '08.

It has been the prefect way to travel alone with a child. There is a great mix of things we can do together and time to do our own thing. Both cruises have been on RCI Voyager Class ships. The kids program is excellent for this age group.

jean

Hi Jean:

If you have time while in BC, Victoria has a cool garden and doubledeckers to get you there. You will need to check for ferry times, but if the weather is good, the view across the water to the Olympics is nice.

Thank you for the suggestions. We will likely end our cruise in Vacouver but I would like to add a day or two there to explore.

jean

Victoria is really nice. I went there twice with a Canadian friend and had a wonderful time both times. The Gardens are nice but the Whale watching is also very good. You can actually walk to town from the ship although it might be just a little long with a child but once you are in town the walking is very easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought: We're leaving on a Wed. returning next Thurs.!!

Think of how great it would be-to get reduced rates and less travel hassle -for 8 days instead of 7!~

Anyone will tell you-Fort Lauderdale Airport is like an overcrowded zoo on the weekends!

Yes, you can join our group today and benefit from Cruise Critics Group pricing, perks and $100.00 /cabin credit!!

Let me know if you have any questions___

MMMike

Archived