Do cruise prices generally get cheaper the closer it gets to sailing. i was planning a cruise and someone told me to wait until 90 days from date and prices will get cheaper. well they've went up $300 so far since Feb. and the cruise is in June. I'm wondering if they will start to go back down around May. Any thoughts. This is for a carnival cruise

All depends on how the room fill up. Given that you are going in the summer season, there is a less likely chance the prices will go down. One trick is to go on-line and try to book a room just to see availability (obviously don't actually book, but just to the point where you can see how many rooms are avail). That would help you predict.

If the cruise is in June the prices will probably go up. That is the start of the high season. They my go down if the cruise is not filling up, but in June I highly doubt it. I would book and keep checking for price drops.

We have been on 3 cruises, all booked within 3-6 weeks of sail date. I usually just get spring fever and decide we must go somewhere at the last minute! Our upcoming cruise was booked 5 weeks in advance, $499 for a 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise (interior cabin, Princess). I think that's a good deal!

Archived