how young to go cave tubing

valw

We went with cave-tubing.com and my 8 y.o. had absolutely no problem. Richard carried her tube on the walk through the jungle and they make a human chain with the tubes and I was right behind her. Look at their website and see how they organize it.

HI..can we take my 10 year old..shes small for her age..can she sit on my husbands lap..

txs

The hike may be more of an issue with a 10 year old. My guess about 2 miles.

We took my kids ages 6 and 9 a couple of weeks ago. We went with cave-tubing.com. We were all linked up, but I held hands with the little one instead of linking feet to shoulders. She loved it.

We went this past week with ***** Adventures (belizecavetubing. net)...they were perfect, especially for a family. They will work with you to give you whatever you need. We were going to take cavetubing. com since they had more reviews, but it just worked out that we ended up with ***** Adventures, and we couldn't have been happier.

As far as the hike goes, it wasn't rough at all. Anyone who finds it rough I'd think would have to be WAY out of shape. Kids can do it easily. They did take you on foot into a cave that had bats (not flying around...just asleep in their holes), but all you have to do is tell Tom (the guide) if your little one is afraid, and he'll totally take care of you. You wouldn't even have to walk into the cave if you didn't want to.

For the cave tubing part, they formed two rows of 6 people each row. The people in each row were hooked together feet to underarms, and then the rows were hooked together by crossing arms and grabbing onto the person's tube across from you. They were wonderful. As we were floating past one spot, there were a few people from a different tour gathered around a snake - turns out it's one of the deadliest snakes there. My stepdaughter started freaking out, and thereafter, the guide wouldn't leave her side. He was wonderful. Even once we got to where they'll finally let you go by yourself down the river (this is after you're through the caves, and there are NO rapids), he continued to stay with us, holding onto our tubes, because he saw how afraid she had been. They were wonderful. Our guide actually reprimanded the people standing around the snake and as we continued on down the river, warned everyone we passed that was headed that way on foot. I really got the feeling that had the snake came towards us (not that it would - there were plenty of other unguided, not so bright people in between us and the snake that would have been targets first), our guides would have protected us at all costs.

Great tour, wonderful guides, and we felt soooo much safer than the other people just floating by willy nilly. Oh, our guide also stops in the middle of one of the caves and gets everyone out onto a spot that's above water. Not a single other tour stopped there, which was too bad for them. It was breathtaking. And don't think this tour won't work for the daredevils in the family as well. If you're so inclined, they'll let you jump off a small cliff before taking off, and then after our little excursion onto the dry part, they'll let you back flop onto your tube from above - but only if you want to. You can even try tasting a termite (which my husband did after the guide ate a few....eewwwww!) I'd say they're they perfect outfit for families.

• 3 weeks later...
HI..can we take my 10 year old..shes small for her age..can she sit on my husbands lap..

txs

We just took this tour last week, and there was a boy, about 7 in our group. He did fine. The only difficulty was that he couldn't carry his own tube during the hike. He did fit in the tube though.

Archived