Carnival Volor - Western - Best View?

gailc

Which side, Port or Starboard, has the best view when booking a cabin?

Gail

If this is an April Fools joke, you are a day late !

If you are speaking of in ports (you will dock at 2 ports (not including Miami)) there is no assurance on which side the ship will dock.

I am assuming this is legit and you are talking about wanting to know so that when you are docked and have a view....therefore, I'll take the bait and answer.

In Grand Cayman, it makes no difference.

In Belize, it makes no difference.

Roatan the best view is from the port side

Costa Maya - if it's still the same the way you dock, the port side.

No, it wasn't an April Fool's joke!

You were right that I was asking what the best view was while docked at the ports.

Gail

When I looked at your list of cruises, I figured with all that experience you would know one can never be sure which direction the ship will face at the dock.

Aft!! :D You literally have BOTH sides.. Corner/aft (9A) is our choice:p

Ah, you must take me with you! We chose aft for our first cruise coming up, and I desperately wanted the 9A. We just couldn't cough up the cash :(

lizardhowson - Our last cruise on Carnival was in 2002. We almost always book a cabin on the Port side on a higher deck. Then we're closer to the buffet! We like to face the pier or the port so we have something to look at from our balcony. We do have a long list of cruises, but we didn't start cruising until we were in our early 50's. So we're just trying to catch up to everyone else that started when they were much younger!

I just noticed I spelled Valor wrong!! I need to recheck my spellings more often.

Gail

lizardhowson - Our last cruise on Carnival was in 2002. We almost always book a cabin on the Port side on a higher deck. Then we're closer to the buffet! We like to face the pier or the port so we have something to look at from our balcony. We do have a long list of cruises, but we didn't start cruising until we were in our early 50's. So we're just trying to catch up to everyone else that started when they were much younger!

I just noticed I spelled Valor wrong!! I need to recheck my spellings more often.

Gail

My point was only that one can never be assured which side they will dock on. Sometimes it depends on the number of ships in your port on a given day.

My point was only that one can never be assured which side they will dock on. Sometimes it depends on the number of ships in your port on a given day.

You are right! and the weather among other factors.

my experience is Roatan, ships dock on port & starboard

Belize, tendered and the ship does shift so either side and that also includes Grand Cayman & Belize.

Costa Maya, has long slips, ships will park on either side and it depends on who arrives first.

So i would say, for this cruise, just book any cabin of your choice because it could go either way.

Everyone is right that you can never be sure which side the ship will dock on. The only exception I can think of right now is Aruba. We've been there 7 times, & each time it docked on the Port side.

One time we were in Grand Cayman, & our balcony was on the Starboard side. There were 8 ships there that day, & we lucked out where we were positioned. We could see almost all the ships from our balcony. It was wonderful to be able to watch most of the ships leave before we did.

Gail

Archived