Be 3 Hours Early if using US Airways!!!!!!!

How is online checking in going to help any if you still have bags to check? I always check in online, because I fly SW, and I want to be in the A-line. But as far as lines at the airport is concerned: it does no good if you still have to check bags in. You still have to stand in that line.

I called US Airways baggage call center again yesterday (as I have about every day since I returned 2 weeks ago) and I had to deal with probably the most unknowledgable employee I have dealt with. After giving him my confirmation number, he right away told me that they dont know where my luggage is and they will call me when they found it. I replied to him "How long is that going to take?! This bag has been missing for two weeks!!" I have been very patient and polite with everyone I've dealt with on the phone with US Airways, because after all, it's not that specifc person's fault. But after dealing with the employee I dealt with yesterday and his response of "I dont know" to any question I had (not to mention the $1100 I had to spend to get the heck out of Charlotte airport that they stranded me in for 24 hours, which Im currently working with US Air to get reimbursed), I'm about to snap! Hopefully things go much better when I call today.....

:eek: if you are flying international ie: Canada, you aren't allowed to check-in on-line or curb-side. :(

Flew to England over the weekend, with Virgin Atlantic, checked in on line, when we got to the airport, there was a seperate bag drop for people who had done online check in, felt really good, to bypass the check in line,5 Virgin 747's leave orlando for England within 3 hours daily, so that's approx 2000 people within a 3 hour time period, had our bags dropped and our boarding cards in hand in under 10 minutes.:)

US Air is about to announce the first WIFI in the sky! they are going to offer WIFI on their planes starting the first of next year! Oh boy something to do on those long flights besides read and nap.

I gotta share here, because an experience my family & I recently had unfortunately contradicts the advice of some others above....

I checked in online the day before & printed boarding passes. We arrived at the airport 1 hour and 45 minutes before flight. We got to use a special baggage check in, that only took about 15 minutes. So we're good right? WRONG!!!! The security line was OUT OF CONTROL long. This was Continental at Newark. There had been bad weather several days before, so there were still people waiting around to get flights out. It was also Presidents' weekend. We stood in the security line for 1 1/2 hours! We told the workers when our flight was, they said no problem, and we figured that since we had our boarding passes we would be fine. When we finally got to the gate, about 8 min. before the flight, they had given our seats away because we weren't in the gate area. They wouldn't let us board even though we had the boarding passes. I was steamed, but they do say you have to be there x minutes before.. and checked in at the airport doesn't count.

Lesson learned: 3 hours ahead is GOOD advice.

Archived