Bamboo Beach Club

MSBfan

Hi all...first timer question again.

On our 1st cruise this coming May, my wife, 33 m/o daughter and I are taking a shore excursion(booked through Carnival) to the Bamboo Beach Club, my end of the excursion is also a Dunn River Falls hike, while wife and daughter stay at the beach club.

After reading some of the posts about the safety of Ocho Rios, and one poster basically said "Do not go if you have children", I am beginning to wonder the wisdom in taking an excursion while in OR.

My question is this...for anyone doing the Bamboo Beach Club before, is it a safe place? Will my wife and daughter be harassed by the locals while I'm on the falls hike? Is it a safe trip to the beach club and back? She will not be leaving the club to "shop" while I am gone, and I don't see us going outside of the club together to "shop" either. We are taking a pair of high-powered walkie-talkies so we can keep in touch while I'm on the hike, and she is smart enough not to fall for any sort of ruse to "come with me".

This all may sound silly, but I have no desire to become any part of a news story while on vacation...it was hard enough to convince the wife to switch from our normal Outer Banks vacation, don't want to give her anything to worry about.

Many thanks.

My question is this...for anyone doing the Bamboo Beach Club before, is it a safe place? Will my wife and daughter be harassed by the locals while I'm on the falls hike? Is it a safe trip to the beach club and back? She will not be leaving the club to "shop" while I am gone, and I don't see us going outside of the club together to "shop" either. We are taking a pair of high-powered walkie-talkies so we can keep in touch while I'm on the hike, and she is smart enough not to fall for any sort of ruse to "come with me".

We went to OR on the Triumph last May. Although we did not do either excursion that you mention, we did do the Canopy tour through Chucka tours. We had absolutely no problems. We were advised not to wear any jewelry so we took all jewelry except wedding bands off before we left the ship. If the Mrs is at the Beach Club and doesn't wander off, I don't think you will have any problems. Good luck and I think the Mrs will realize that this vaca is better than the Outer Banks. Have a ball.

Archived