Adventure of the Seas / Southern Caribbean

My sail time is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. When should I get to the ship? I will be in Puerto Rico around 2:00 p.m. should I go right away? Is the Royal Caribbean transfer from the airport worth it so I don't have much bag confusion showing up to the port? Can I also have more than one entree at dinner??

Bob

My sail time is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. When should I get to the ship? I will be in Puerto Rico around 2:00 p.m. should I go right away? Is the Royal Caribbean transfer from the airport worth it so I don't have much bag confusion showing up to the port? Can I also have more than one entree at dinner??

Bob

You can normally get on the ship around noon. Never done the transfer as I normally arrive a day early. I've never had a problem with my bags at the port...they take them right away. Yes, you can have more than one entree if you want.

Bob

Bob, you can go directly from the airport to the ship. They usually start boarding as soon as the previous passengers have cleared custome, which is usually between 11:30 & 1:00.

We never use the transfers. It is always faster ans often cheaper to go outside and get a cab. In San Juan, the cabs have a flat rate from the airport to the pier. If I remember correctly, th fare is somewhere around $25.00 for the cab (not per person).

Yes, you can have as many entrees as you like in the dining room. As a matter of fact you can order more than one of everything, if your tummy can hold it all.

Also, has anyone used the Wine and Dine package through RC? At 25.95 a bottle it seems like a fair price to pay for wine on a cruise ship. The three of us who drink wine on the boat average 2-3 bottles per dinner so it seems fair.

Bob

Bob

We sailed on Adventure of the Seas in 10/06 and had a great time. The ship was impressive with lots to do; so much that we didn't even bother with the shows, except for the ice skating show which was really good. Go early for tickets. Board early, as the crowds will show up later. Of course, you can ask for extra entree...go for it! Enjoy!

lifeisgood3

I’ve sailed AOS twice. I take it you are flying in the day of the cruise direct from O’Hare. Just grab your bags at the airport and get in line for the cabs. It is cheaper than the transfers and faster. It is a flat rate for the bag plus a fee per bag. It is very reasonable.

We go straight to the ship so we can get the bags dropped off and get check in. It is really nice to explore the ship before everyone boards.

Have a great trip. :D

Archived