Suite Amenity Clarification

timbuk

I am booked in a PS category stateroom on the Crown Princess this month.

Is it true that you have the option of ordering from the dining room dinner menu when in a suite? Has anyone ever done this? If so, I'm also wondering if the food was hot when it arrived?

I read on the Princess site, and even called to confirm that it was true. The person I spoke with said that it was, but he had to put me on hold for a few, and that made me a little nervous. I thought it would nice to take advantage of this on one of the formal nights (or more) to keep my packing list short and simple.

Before I leave my suit here at home, I wondered if any CC members have any first-hand experience and can confirm that this is in fact an option.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Yes, it is true. In full suites you are afforded an extended breakfast menu, and are able to order from the lunch and dinner menus to be delivered to your cabin.

Mixed feelings on the temperature of the food. Sometimes very hot, just like in the diningroom, other times not as hot. All depends on how far they have to bring it to your stateroom and how quick the staff member is with the delivery I think.

Yes, it's true. We've even stayed in Oceanview and had steak and lobster delivered from room service. It took only 20 minutes from the time I placed the order until arrival. It was great, try it you'll like it;) .

You sure can order from the dining room menus to be served in your suite. I have done it a couple of times and enjoyed eating out on my verandah. As for the food temp I think it depends on when you order it and who is in charge of bringing it to you. If you order at an 'off time' - say not at 8:00pm or 8:30pm when there are likely to be hundreds of people going to the dining rooms or asking for food to be brought to them, then I think you have a better chance of your food arriving hot. I have had both very hot and barely luke warm brought to me. Just remember when you do order that you need to order all of your courses at once so if you order a hot appetizer and a hot soup to go with your hot entrée, no matter how warm it was when it was brought to you that entrée is bound to be cool by the time you get to it.

Archived