beverage be-fuddlement

bgpgatthebeach

hi...

ready to go Easter Sunday on Mediterranea--- must have iced tea available at all times..... (southern affliction ;) ) is that the case??... is it available at the casual dining/buffet area?? how 'bout other complimentary beverages at meals???

trying to decide about boy/girl card -(-it mentions being used to get iced tea !! ) and x1 for adults.

1-800 operator says x1 is only while seated in dining room at meals.

is that what really happens?? need x1 for Iced Tea??

saw posts that indicated otherwise i.e. wine at bars during dining hours??

real life answers appreciated by recent passengers----grazie!!:confused: ;)

hi...

ready to go Easter Sunday on Mediterranea--- must have iced tea available at all times..... (southern affliction ;) ) is that the case??... is it available at the casual dining/buffet area?? how 'bout other complimentary beverages at meals???

trying to decide about boy/girl card -(-it mentions being used to get iced tea !! ) and x1 for adults.

1-800 operator says x1 is only while seated in dining room at meals.

is that what really happens?? need x1 for Iced Tea??

saw posts that indicated otherwise i.e. wine at bars during dining hours??

real life answers appreciated by recent passengers----grazie!!:confused: ;)

Iced tea is comp in the main restuarant as well as the buffet. One of our table mates got it every night... we were an all Southern table :D

I will say though.. they do not have "sweet tea" so in order to create this lovely Southern speciality at the buffet I had to put a couple sugar packets worth of sugar in a mug, pour in a wee bit of hot water, make a syrup, and then mix it into my iced tea and lemon. Kid and I are both sweet tea addicts.

As too the kid drink cards and the X1...

We did not have a good X1 experience. You can read abt it in my review of our recent cruise. It was really the only unfortunate thing we experienced on our cruise. I am waiting to see if maybe they make some changes to the X1 offering a bit more flexibility of choice and better service before I would book it again.

Our table mates bought the drink card thing for their niece and she didn't use half of them. It really depends on what your kid likes and how much they will use it. It is a deal if your kid likes the virgin frozen drinks. If I had more than 1 kid, I would see if I couldn't just buy one booklet and use it for all the kids. Might not let you do that but you could always try.

thanks for the info!!!

our 2 girls could definitely split the 20 drinks.

does anyone know are they physical tickets/coupons??? or is the boy/girl card imbedded in one's key card?

I guess one daughter could order and pass to the other her shake or "smoothie".

From what I saw it is a coupon book that you tear the coupons out of.. but I could be wrong as we didn't actually buy one, only saw one being used. I don't know what else there is to it.. hopefully someone else will chime in with more details. :)

We were on the Magica in January and they present a "kids" package. We are not big alcohol drinkers, so we bought one. It was 20 coupons for I believe $50+. It included all the soft drinks and the non-alcohol specialty drinks like Virgin-Coladas, etc. It is a little cheaper. It lasted us almost all week. At least you didn't have to deal with the card and signing all the time. You can buy it in any of the lounges when you first get on and thruout the week as needed. We are going back on the Magica in 3 weeks and will probably do it again. Ice tea was pretty much available 24 hours a day. I would recommend taking a travel cup with you for coffee or tea. Love Costa!

Yes, the "kids" drink package is a booklet of tear-out "coupons" that can be used for soft drinks or virgin frozen drinks. Any number of people can share a booklet. I think our cruisemates did the math and figured out it was cheaper to buy a Coke than to use the coupons, so they used the drink package to buy virgin frozen drinks for their two kids.

Make sure you don't get the coupon booklet wet. It's just paper, so your drinks could dissolve in the hot tub if you aren't careful.

thanks for the info!!!

our 2 girls could definitely split the 20 drinks.

does anyone know are they physical tickets/coupons??? or is the boy/girl card imbedded in one's key card?

I guess one daughter could order and pass to the other her shake or "smoothie".

Last April, on the Magica, the coupons were the tear off kind and we used them for everyone. We bought 2 books of coupons. The frozen N/A drinks were enjoyed by the adults too.

Ice Tea was plentyful and free. In fact I found they usually kept at least one ice tea machine in the buffet area working at all hours. You can even order a few glasses with room service or snag a any of the roaming waiters to get you one by the pool. They have a few juices available for free also, ususally orange and apple. Most easily found during breakfast.

Archived