St John Covered Bridge Bike Tour

My wife and I are taking a Carnival New England/Canada cruise this September and I was looking for biking related activites that we could do. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this excursion? It looks interested but I've not had much luck finding any info online about it. Thanks in advance.

John

My wife and I are taking a Carnival New England/Canada cruise this September and I was looking for biking related activites that we could do. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this excursion? It looks interested but I've not had much luck finding any info online about it. Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

I live in Saint John and looked into your inquiry. The problem is covered bridges are outside of the city, and are far and few between that its not feasable to see many on a bike tour. I would recommend making your way to St. Martin's (a popular tour with cruise ship visitors) and rent a bike in that village. St. Martin's is working fishing village with a lovely covered bridge. At the covered bridge by the wharf is an outfitter that rents bikes for $8 an hour or $35 for the day ($CDN). Their website is http://www.rivervalleyadventures.com/

St.Martin's also has sea caves and you can walk on the ocean floor provided the tide is out.

Hope this helps. There is another poster SJNB that is very knowledgeable - hope they post too!

Andrew

Hi John,

I live in Saint John and looked into your inquiry. The problem is covered bridges are outside of the city, and are far and few between that its not feasable to see many on a bike tour. I would recommend making your way to St. Martin's (a popular tour with cruise ship visitors) and rent a bike in that village. St. Martin's is working fishing village with a lovely covered bridge. At the covered bridge by the wharf is an outfitter that rents bikes for $8 an hour or $35 for the day ($CDN). Their website is http://www.rivervalleyadventures.com/

St.Martin's also has sea caves and you can walk on the ocean floor provided the tide is out.

Hope this helps. There is another poster SJNB that is very knowledgeable - hope they post too!

Andrew

HI

I saw this review, http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=21894

they did the covered bridge tour, it has their email address in the review, maybe you could contact them and they would provide you with some detailed info on the tour

Hi John,

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. Appreciate your suggestion. I also found some info on The Fundy Trail bikepath along the coast that looks really nice. I also would like to check out the sea caves in Saint Martin as well. Should be a really nice day. Thanks again.

John

Archived