Ecstasy No More !!!

gsully00

July 30th Cruise from Long Beach.

First of all, the Ecstasy is an old outdated ship that has alot of color for it's interiors but just looked "worn", the adding of $10 per day for grats. to your sail/sign card is not a good idea, service on the ship was below average at best, the embarkation process in Ensenada,Mexico was a "Long" line disaster that resulted in an hour to come back aboard--this was simply a Party cruise and is not recommended for the 30 and over crowd(unless you love to party), the only good thing about this cruise was the Art Auction(which we bought 4 prints). ///

"Just say no to Ecstasy"

The Ecstasy is 14 years old, so it is priced ultra affordable... So I would expect it to look a bit worn, especially after reading some reviews on this board. But the long lines at embarkation, we waited almost 2 hours in Cozumel... it's not just an Ecstasy thing, it's a customs thing... Sorry you did not enjoy it, maybe try a newer ship next time...

well the ecatasy is coming to galveston..wich we are going on in 11-11-04..my daughters friend just got off of it and me and her mother talked and she said it was a wonderful ship!!and she said it was not a party boat!!and i have been on several carnival ships!!and they are not party boats!!its actually sort of the same as royal caribbean..that what my sister says!!

I've been on the Ecstasy 3 times since 2002. I never encountered a party boat atomosphere. I guess it just depends on the crowd that happens to be on the ship at that time. Yes, she is getting old, but I like to think of her as a graceful and beautiful old lady.

for posting your photos of your recent Ecstacy cruise.

With a little sprucing up, the old gal might still have a few knots left in her!

PS...and an early "Happy Birthday" to you! We're less than a month apart in age!:D

Stircrzy,

I took my mother on two of these cruises. She will turn 80 this Saturday. She is someone who would be very offended if it was a total party atomsphere ship. She would go again in a second if I offered her another cruise on the Ecstasy.

I love it when people call a twelve year old ship "old". This ship entered service in 1992. She may need a little work but she has been doing the three and four day itinerary for quite a few years. Those ships take a beating. If Carnival does the work on her as they did with the Fantasy last year, she will not even look the same. The Fantasy came out looking great.

:) alot more than the OP! Being that she has quite a few more cruises under her belt speaks for itself. Thanks Kathy...you've always talked positive about the Ecstasy. That's what I like to hear being that I'll be sailing her in Dec. :)

~gina~:)

The Ecsasy still has a lot of life left in her! It is funny how someone can call a 12 year old ship "old". Yes, she is not the newest ship on the water but she is due to go for an extensive renovation before she goes to Galveston. We were on the Ecstasy and we did see some party crowds on there but they really weren't that bothersome. After all, it is supposed to be a Fun Ship! Cruising on these older ships, you can really get some good rates so I know beforehand that when I am paying $350 pp I am not going to be getting the same quality as if I were sailing on a Raddison ship! And some people can really be snobs in this respect... :>) I really enjoyed our sailing and cannot wait when it comes to Galveston....just a drive away! And I am sure she will look beautiful when she arrives there!

We sailed the Ecstasy over New Year's eve.....We found (after sailing on the Glory and the Victory) that the ship was wonderfully easy to get around on and that there were far less lines. The decor is rather loud, but that's typical Carnival. For us, it was a step back in time to our first cruises on the Fantasy and Sensation.....we enjoyed it. :)

Well I hope they have quite a bit of a part atmosphere. I also hope that the renovations make it into something nice as well, because this is going to be our first cruise. But we arent overly critical like some people and will probably enjoy it no matter how retro the carpet the looks!:p

I don't understand why people are surprized that a 12 year old ship looks a little worn. DUH!!!!! That is why they are cheaper to sail on, have shorter itineraries, etc. If you want to sail on a sparkling new ship, then sail on a new ship.

For those that will be sailing on the Ecstasy in the future, have a good time, and don't let one person's opinion spoil it for you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but what one person cannot stand, another person might really like.

I'm glad we didn't let anyone sway us about the Sensation... we heard the same types of things, and were delighted with our trip! Sure, it's bright... that seems to be a theme with Carnival, and I actually liked seeing color for a change. The food was great (considering they were cooking for 2000 people, I was not expecting the best I had ever had).... we were very pleased.... I saw some shots on the Ecstasy back when they did a few episodes of Shipmates on there (what ever happened to that show anyway??????????? Always got me in the mood to cruise!!!!), and this ship will be 14 in a couple of months.... she does not look bad for that age at all, considering how many people have walked that gangway.... it is a great bargain for someone that does not mind an older ship, and yes, there will probably be more of a party atmosphere because it is shorter and cheap.... it's all what you make it ;)

I took my mom on the Ecstasy for her 60th birthday last year and she loved it. You see all ages on the ship and I never heard any particular age group complain about another. We saw families with small children to couples in their 70's and everyone seemed to be having a blast! If you are used to having the finer things in life and have a maid to pick up your clothes as soon as you discard them, this cruise won't be for you...LOL. But if you are looking for a bargain cruise and not expecting EVERYTHING to be perfect, I think you will have a great time!

July 30th Cruise from Long Beach.

--this was simply a Party cruise and is not recommended for the 30 and over crowd(unless you love to party), the only good thing about this cruise was the Art Auction(which we bought 4 prints). ///

"Just say no to Ecstasy"

I have found that Carnival does cater more to the party crowd than others. You might try some of the other lines for your next cruise and I am sure you will enjoy it more. HAL, Celebrity, Princess, Cunard all are a bit more refined and have the art auctions as well.

Archived