What to see & do in St. Maarten?

safetyal ~ NO!!! You can't turn your back on "the code" ;) ....What happens at Maho Beach.... STAYS at Maho Beach!! :D Except a few pieces of clothing!! :o Topless...WHO'S topless??!! :D

In the famous words of Sgt. Schultz from Hogans Heroes:

I know nothing, absolutley nothing....

I have been there twice now and both times we have done the America's Cup regatta, I think it is that much fun. In fact I will do it again on our next cuise. We will also shop and go to the beach.

We did a private (non-RCCL) excursion on the Lord Sheffield. It's a tall ship that does a "pirate day cruise" which includes a stop for snorkeling, lunch, and beverages. It took up most of the day and we had a blast. We had enough people in our group from here on CC that we decided to privately charter the ship (it was only a few bucks more per person than their usual rate, and we had the ship all to ourselves!) You can get more info by going to lordsheffield dot com.

We also rented a jeep for the day from Hertz. Had the top off and since it was 4 wheel drive we went off-road to a couple of beaches that were totally emtpy.....and beautiful.. Also to Marigot for lunch and a bit of shopping. Then up to Grand Case and then over to Orient Beach for snorkeling..... then back to Philipsburg. We had a blast that day. Got to see a big part of the island, shop and had some great lunch and beach time too. It just takes planning.

Archived