NCL Star....tender?

BLONDIE35

I have got conflicting reports on the tendering in Alaska. Does anyone know for sure if the Star tenders in the ports?? I went to a website that was suggested in the Alaska board but I cann't make out the wording. Any help would be appreciated... i really don't want to waste valuable time (as little as there is) on waiting for tenders. The boat leaves may5

thanks!!

:eek: :confused: :cool:

I have got conflicting reports on the tendering in Alaska. Does anyone know for sure if the Star tenders in the ports?? I went to a website that was suggested in the Alaska board but I cann't make out the wording. Any help would be appreciated... i really don't want to waste valuable time (as little as there is) on waiting for tenders. The boat leaves may5

thanks!!

:eek: :confused: :cool:

No, according to the Alaska Cruise Ship Agencies schedule, the Star is not scheduled to tender at any of the ports--in Ketchikan you are at Dock 1; in Juneau you are at the AJ Dock (NCL provides a free shuttle bus since this dock is pretty far out); in Skagway you are at the RRF dock (Railroad Dock-Forward) and then you dock in Prince Rupert.

Hope this helps!:)

My concern is in Juneau. if its a shuttle then I won't be able to do any shopping. our excursion is the Mendenhall galcier guides choice hike from 8:15 AM-1:00 and the boat leaves at either 1:30/2:00. how far away is the dock? walking distance? Argh! I was hoping to stroll around for about 30 minutes prior. Our ship gets in at 7 AM so I doubt any shops will be open.:mad: Juneau is the shortest stop on the itinerary

thanks for the help!:cool:

you can walk it, but the road is narrow and with the shuttles/local traffic it's a busy road. it's not that far, less then 5 mins on the shutte, which drops you off in the parking lot by the tram, near the shopping. as far as shopping, much of the same merchandise is in both skagway and ketchikan. the shuttles are small mini-busses, they run all the time..very little or any waiting for them to fill.

Archived