Tell Me About Those Great Cabins Please!

seattlelover

Yes- very helpful, thank you!

I fully intend to scare the other passengers when I step out in the morning!;) I don't mind if the space feels small if I can stretch out and enjoy the outdoors from the semi-privacy of my own balcony!

Thanks again!

That reminds me of that scene in "Life of Brian", where he wakes up, goes to the window and opens the blinds... :D

ML~I do not know about the size of the 16 2Cs. I do know that the balcony

on 7177 is much larger than the 2B Vista deck cabins. We enjoyed that

cabin and the location. You can not go wrong with this cabin. Look on the celebrity web site and the lay- out does show the balcony to be larger. :)

Thanks for the picture. Does anyone have a picture of the 2Cs on deck 7 (7177/7175)?

ML

There are NONE all of deck 7 is 2b cabins other than those listed at a higher class (CC or Fv) I think you've been given this connection before in this thread but here it is again :http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html Look down all the Millennium class ships...check out the different cabins and balconies...all the ships are the same deck layout (Millennium, Summit, Infinity & Constellation) There are several photos of all the different classes of cabins! Some people did post photos of these but can't seem to get them on searc. Both are slightly larger balconies (try to "google" for then it's surprising what turns up online!)

ML~

Thanks for the picture. Does anyone have a picture of the 2Cs on deck 7 (7177/7175)?

ML

We stayed in 7177 Constellation in Feb-March '08, but did not take pics that would show size of balcony, but again I have to say that this is a great location with a large balcony.

There are NONE all of deck 7 is 2b cabins other than those listed at a higher class (CC or Fv) I think you've been given this connection before in this thread but here it is again :http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html Look down all the Millennium class ships...check out the different cabins and balconies...all the ships are the same deck layout (Millennium' date=' Summit, Infinity & Constellation) There are several photos of all the different classes of cabins! Some people did post photos of these but can't seem to get them on searc. Both are slightly larger balconies (try to "google" for then it's surprising what turns up online!)[/quote']

Sorry, I meant 2B. On the deck plan, the look like they have a larger balcony. Wanted to know if these balconies are larger than the 16 2Cs on deck 6. Right now, both are available.

ML

Sorry, I meant 2B. On the deck plan, the look like they have a larger balcony. Wanted to know if these balconies are larger than the 16 2Cs on deck 6. Right now, both are available.

ML

They both look pretty much the same size to me. Both look like double of a regular. I think now it just depends on if you want to be towards the bow or towards the aft. Or, if there is that much of a price difference between the two. I'm sure whichever one you choose will be nice. Have fun!

ML~Until you get picture of 7177, why don't you put 7177 on hold. You can always change cabins if you decide.

When are you cruising and what ship are you looking at?

Infinity 2/14/10. I have 7177 on hold waiting for a picture.

Thanks

ML

Hi

We are planning to sail on the Summit June 3rd 2009 12 night Mediterranean Cruise and will be booking a 2A, B, or C Stateroom. After reading all the reviews on which cabins are nicer, I am uncertain of which to try and book. What are the "sweet 16" cabins and is their any advantage to AFT cabins vs others? Less wind on the balcony sounds good as well as an overhang in the event of rain.

Thanks for any help...

Okay, try this. Here's that link again that shows all of the different types of cabins on all of the Celebrity ships. Go down to the Summit and click on 'Cat 2B 7176'. This is the same cabin as 7175/7177, it's just on the starboard side. Anyway, it will show you exactly what 7177 will look like and the balcony. The only thing that might be different is the color scheme.

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/cabinpix.html

Hi

We are planning to sail on the Summit June 3rd 2009 12 night Mediterranean Cruise and will be booking a 2A, B, or C Stateroom. After reading all the reviews on which cabins are nicer, I am uncertain of which to try and book. What are the "sweet 16" cabins and is their any advantage to AFT cabins vs others? Less wind on the balcony sounds good as well as an overhang in the event of rain.

Thanks for any help...

Go back up to my post #156 and click the link. It shows 8 of the sweet 16's that are on the starboard side. They have double size balconies which is why they are so popular for being 2C's.

And, yes, there is a huge advantage for the Aft cabins. They are concierge class staterooms that have huge balconies that overlook the wake. There are only 9 of these so they aren't easy to come by. And, since the ship is blocking the wind they are supposed to be very comfortable. I'll let you know for sure when I return on the 13th from Alaska. I have one! :D

Okay, try this. Here's that link again that shows all of the different types of cabins on all of the Celebrity ships. Go down to the Summit and click on 'Cat 2B 7176'. This is the same cabin as 7175/7177, it's just on the starboard side. Anyway, it will show you exactly what 7177 will look like and the balcony. The only thing that might be different is the color scheme.

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/cabinpix.html

ML~ Wolfshadow is right!!! The Cat 2B 7176 on Summit is the cabin and balcony. Balcony is large enough for lounge chairs.

Hi,

Does anyone have a photo of cabin #6146 on the Millenium? We are planning a trip next April and this is the only SS catagory that was available. Should we have any concerns?

Thanks,

Summit and Millennium are exactly the same??? Guess they have color differences but layout is the same on all deckplans

ML~ Wolfshadow is right!!! The Cat 2B 7176 on Summit is the cabin and balcony. Balcony is large enough for lounge chairs.

The only problem here is that people have been reporting that loungers are not allowed on any of the larger balconies on the side of the ship, except Suites any more...not the Sweet 16's nor the Angled balconies. Something about insurance:confused: Been reported here several places.

The only problem here is that people have been reporting that loungers are not allowed on any of the larger balconies on the side of the ship' date=' except Suites any more...not the Sweet 16's nor the Angled balconies. Something about insurance:confused: Been reported here several places.[/quote']

Actually, I believe Texkan was just mentioning the loungers in reference to how big the balconies are. Not necessarily if they were allowed to be on them. :)

Thanks for the info. It looks like there are several pluses and minuses. Overall it looks like the pluses win - for us at least. We have decided to go ahead and book #6146 and hope for calm seas:)

Fran

Can anyone who has stayed in Cabin 8096 (CC) Constellation comment on the verandah---

size; is it obstructed or not; general opinion of this cabin and location.

I greatly appreciate any infrmation.

Thanks,

Phyllis

Can anyone who has stayed in Cabin 8096 (CC) Constellation comment on the verandah---

size; is it obstructed or not; general opinion of this cabin and location.

I greatly appreciate any infrmation.

Thanks,

Phyllis