Pros and cons of promenade rooms

deck 6 is the perfect deck for these rooms, down one flight of stairs and you're on the promanade. The three rooms above the wig and gavel should be avoided if you sleep before 1:30 am... because people like me will sing along and yell and keep you up... deck 7 should be fine as well as further down and across the deck. The parade doesn't last long and only the first night does it happen late. these are the best rooms for people watching, deck 6 the best.

We take deck 6. My only warning would to ensure you are not over or opposite the pub. There is music there in the evening. Otherwise, it'sa great view of the people and parades.

deck 6 is the perfect deck for these rooms, down one flight of stairs and you're on the promanade. The three rooms above the wig and gavel should be avoided if you sleep before 1:30 am... because people like me will sing along and yell and keep you up... deck 7 should be fine as well as further down and across the deck. The parade doesn't last long and only the first night does it happen late. these are the best rooms for people watching, deck 6 the best.

do you know which 3 rooms are above the wig and gavel? I am having a hard time figuring that out?

We are likely going to book Freedom of the Seas for Thanksgiving 2008 and are interested in a Promenade View room. I have a bunch of questions though!

On FOS, Deck 6 is the mall level, and it seems like that would offer the best view. How much of an obstruction is the cow's butt from the Ben & Jerry's store (cabin 6305)? What are the best cabins on FOS, Deck 6, Promenade? Are the ones on an end more noisy -- 6315, 6321 as examples? If you were staying on deck 6 Promenade View, which room would you choose?

What are the pros and cons of being on deck 7 vs deck 6? Is it simply potential noise? We are not daytime nappers unless we're sleeping in (9 a.m. would be "sleeping in" for us).

Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Thanks!

We are likely going to book Freedom of the Seas for Thanksgiving 2008 and are interested in a Promenade View room. I have a bunch of questions though!

On FOS, Deck 6 is the mall level, and it seems like that would offer the best view. How much of an obstruction is the cow's butt from the Ben & Jerry's store (cabin 6305)? What are the best cabins on FOS, Deck 6, Promenade? Are the ones on an end more noisy -- 6315, 6321 as examples? If you were staying on deck 6 Promenade View, which room would you choose?

What are the pros and cons of being on deck 7 vs deck 6? Is it simply potential noise? We are not daytime nappers unless we're sleeping in (9 a.m. would be "sleeping in" for us).

Thanks!

6315 is a handicapped cabin and not really on the end. 6331 is an end cabin. From what I heard, you do not want to stay in cabins opposite of the customer service desk.

My GF and her two teenage daughters have Promenade Rooms on The Mariner of The Seas in December. 7277 and 7275. Has anyone stayed in these rooms? Anyone familiar with Promenade rooms on the Mariner? My GF and I are thinking about changing rooms and trying to find us a room across the hall because I've heard that the walls are thin. I can think of one BIG CON right there...having two teenage girls in the room next to you while you are trying to ummmm have an "adult excursion". The last thing I want is when the ship goes a-rock'n is for the girls to come a-nock'n. Or worse yet...not knock'n.:eek: So any thoughts? Should I try to move rooms or do you think the walls are sound proof enough?

Those are connecting cabins - we had 7595 and 7597 for our Mariner cruise. You can have the connecting doors locked or unlocked (and then of course closed or open) How about move to two adjoining PR view cabins as opposed to connecting (unless you want to have the two bathrooms easily accessible) and make sure your bed is not on wall adjacent to their cabin!

Thanks!

I would take Deck 7 over Deck 6 - one level higher above the Promenade gives more of a view and a little further away from the noise and also one less elevator level to the buffet and signature restaurants and pools and spa! :D

I would take Deck 7 over Deck 6 - one level higher above the Promenade gives more of a view and a little further away from the noise and also one less elevator level to the buffet and signature restaurants and pools and spa! :D

Ok, I'm starting to switch my focus to Deck 7 (on Freedom of the Seas). Sounds like the view is nice, less sounds, and one deck closer to the buffet is a plus as well. :) Any advice on which PR cabins on Deck 7? Middle would be best, but are there pros and cons regarding which stores they are above, or is it really just a crapshoot at that point?

Ok, I'm starting to switch my focus to Deck 7 (on Freedom of the Seas). Sounds like the view is nice, less sounds, and one deck closer to the buffet is a plus as well. :) Any advice on which PR cabins on Deck 7? Middle would be best, but are there pros and cons regarding which stores they are above, or is it really just a crapshoot at that point?

Sorry don't know about Freedom of the Seas - on the Mariner, my TA placed my parents (who like to sleep in) in #7591 - roughly middle of the ship, two decks above the promenade. We have been in #7595/7597 and the only times we noticed noise in our cabin from the Promenade was during parades and ship wide announcements

Cheers

Jason

FWIW, it looks like your PR choices on deck 7 will be constrained by the large number of connecting cabins (I assume you would prefer not to have one of those in case you have early rising neighbours). The best non-connecting look like #7295 or #7297 to me (in the middle between the elevators so you will not get as much traffic by your cabin door)

Chees

jaysue

Meant to mention, there are pictures of the beds apart in my signature below. Click on the Navigator cruise. Soon, our pictures of the Mariner PR will be posted. We go in 13 days.

Hey, which camera did you take the pictures with. They are terrfic and the internal shots are so clear. Don't usually find that. I'm in the market for a new one for the cruise. ANy pointers? Thanks.

DrB

A PR cabin is unique! You can have an inside or a balcony cabin on every cruise ship. But how many ships do have that awesome Royal Promenade? :)

I agree! I love PR Staterooms!!! So mush easier to move around and you can have company and be Comfortable. The window seat and sofa make a nice little sitting area. I don't care so much for the view, no big deal to us as we will be Down AT the Party!!! I do like being close to the elevator though.

I agree! I love PR Staterooms!!! So mush easier to move around and you can have company and be Comfortable. The window seat and sofa make a nice little sitting area. I don't care so much for the view, no big deal to us as we will be Down AT the Party!!! I do like being close to the elevator though.

You are right on the window seat and sofa making a nice combo - our kids loved having their own sitting area

Cheers

Jason

Pro - Being able to look down and see what's on sale....(Wife)

Con - Having Wife buy the stuff!!! (Husband)

OOOhhhh....Can you really see what's on sale by looking out your window? (ME-WIFE)

I can't believe she is asking that question (Head shaking, smirking)--HUSBAND

More input on deck 7 on the Freedom. We were in 7621 and I thought this was one of the best locations. Loved the PR room (tons of storage on the Freedom). Loved the two couches for storage and seating. We never heard any outside noise. We had a door to a connecting room, but never saw or heard those people. We had a nice view and were only a short walk in from the rear stairwell. Easy access to the promenade below and to the dining rooms.

As we spent more time in the rear of the ship than up front, at the dining room, windjammer, sports courts and promenade, this was a perfect easy access location. A bit of a haul to the front down that incredibly long hallway, but if you were right in the middle, you'd have that long walk wherever you went. Also you leave out of the rear for days in port.

Meant to mention, there are pictures of the beds apart in my signature below. Click on the Navigator cruise. Soon, our pictures of the Mariner PR will be posted. We go in 13 days.

Schplinky (love that name BTW!)

I looked at your PR room photos and I'm afraid I have to ask what I know is kind of a stupid question. Given that there were the two of you adults, did you find the quarters unpleasant @ any time? As I relish in the fact that DH and my cabin is a "double-wide" balcony, I feel a tad guilty as I look at the PR photos, showing where my DM and DS will be "living" for the week!!

We're on deck 7 which I'm reading is kind of the ideal (far enough up for noise, mid-ship, and low enough for ease of viewing).

More input on deck 7 on the Freedom. We were in 7621 and I thought this was one of the best locations. Loved the PR room (tons of storage on the Freedom). Loved the two couches for storage and seating. We never heard any outside noise. We had a door to a connecting room, but never saw or heard those people. We had a nice view and were only a short walk in from the rear stairwell. Easy access to the promenade below and to the dining rooms.

As we spent more time in the rear of the ship than up front, at the dining room, windjammer, sports courts and promenade, this was a perfect easy access location. A bit of a haul to the front down that incredibly long hallway, but if you were right in the middle, you'd have that long walk wherever you went. Also you leave out of the rear for days in port.

Oh yea!! I'm VERY happy you've posted! My DH and DS will be in 7627, which I know is across the way, but basically the "same" place on the ship!

My feelings of guilt are dwindling :-)

Schplinky (love that name BTW!)

I looked at your PR room photos and I'm afraid I have to ask what I know is kind of a stupid question. Given that there were the two of you adults, did you find the quarters unpleasant @ any time? As I relish in the fact that DH and my cabin is a "double-wide" balcony, I feel a tad guilty as I look at the PR photos, showing where my DM and DS will be "living" for the week!!

We're on deck 7 which I'm reading is kind of the ideal (far enough up for noise, mid-ship, and low enough for ease of viewing).

We didn't feel crammed in. Mike was surprised how small it was the first day and then was fine. You learn to tango in such tight quarters! In all honesty, it wasn't bad.

Oh yea!! I'm VERY happy you've posted! My DH and DS will be in 7627, which I know is across the way, but basically the "same" place on the ship!

My feelings of guilt are dwindling :-)

OOPS!

Got my "D" mixed up! That should read: DM & DS.....DH and I will be across the hall in a balcony.

Time to go to bed.

ei

ei

ooooo

• 4 months later...

To the person who posted about the cow's butt and free Ben and Jerry's, is that true? Considering the amount of time I expect to be in the cabin and how much ice cream my family can consume in a week (don't ask, you really don't want to know), I'd almost be willing to switch if it was available just to make that happen!

To the person who posted about the cow's butt and free Ben and Jerry's, is that true? Considering the amount of time I expect to be in the cabin and how much ice cream my family can consume in a week (don't ask, you really don't want to know), I'd almost be willing to switch if it was available just to make that happen!

Yes, it's true. We booked the Ben and Jerry's "Sweet" (cabin 6305) on FOS for the Sept 14, 2008 sailing. When I booked it, I verified with the VPC that we did indeed receive ice cream every day. It's literally the only reason we are staying in that cabin. My husband LOVES the idea of complimentary ice cream each day and likes the whole "novelty" of the whole thing. So, we'll do it this one time and see what we think. :)

Heck, if that's the case and a blocked view by an ice cream sign means free ice cream every day, I'm going to see if I can find a room with a view obscured by a pub sign!

LOL You've got the right idea! If you find a cabin like that, please do tell us! :D

Archived