Cruise ship evacuated off Greek island

kwas

Awwwwww... I feel sad for the people on board. They are showing bits and pieces and some are crying. Most of the passengers are

Americans. Group of NC High School Students are on ship. I hope everyone is okay. Another reason also to get your Passports!

Awwwwww... I feel sad for the people on board. They are showing bits and pieces and some are crying. Most of the passengers are

Americans. Group of NC High School Students are on ship. I hope everyone is okay. Another reason also to get your Passports!

Here is the story From here in Raleigh. Chapel Hill and Apex are about 15-30 minutes from here:

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/world/story/1261331/

My daughter is on the ship with a tour group through her high school. I have not yet heard from her, but I did call the tour group. THey could not tell me where they were being put up for the night. They also told me as soon as the police are done, they would be unloading personal belongings. Hopefully, they mean her cell phone :(

My daughter is on the ship with a tour group through her high school. I have not yet heard from her, but I did call the tour group. THey could not tell me where they were being put up for the night. They also told me as soon as the police are done, they would be unloading personal belongings. Hopefully, they mean her cell phone :(

Best of luck to your daughter. She has one heck of a story to tell when she comes home! Thank god everyone is OK, and if I could choose an island to be stranded on for a few nights, Santorini would be at the top of the list. It's beautiful there.

Please come back and let us know how everything is going.

Knowing that your daughter is on board, I am happy to hear that there were no injuries and that all are safe. I hope you hear from her soon. We look forward to hearing that she is home, safe and sound. I'm sure she will have some interesting stories to tell. Feel free to post them here, despite what some self-appointed moderators may say.

Eric

Thank you OP for posting...it DOES belong here as it is a huge safety issue and as someone already posted why we go to Muster drills!

I'm running to the TV here at work to see it, as it is a very interesting issue and something very serious.

falcon5travels, I hope you hear from your daughter soon. :) I'll keep good thoughts for you and her and her group! ;)

Yes, please let us know how your daughter and the others all make out. Hope they will all be ok. Thanks to the OP to have let us be aware of this tragedy. This could happen to any ship. All cruisers need to be aware of how quickly something like this can happen, and we should all pay attention when we go to the muster drill.

I certainly wouldn't have heard this news from the "other cruise lines" board. This is a cruise board, there's no reason not to post news about cruises here.

To the poster who's daughter was on the ship, I'm glad everyone is off safely. Hopefully she can contact you soon and isn't too traumatized.

To the OP: Thank you very much for posting this on the RCI board---it is the only one I have time to look at or participate in.

To Falcon5: I hope you hear from your daughter very soon and that she is well.

Leslie

You might want to post this on another board since it has nothing to do with RCCL

Maybe not, but it is good that someone thought enough to post it, just in case someone who reads the RCCL boards knows someone onboard.

For those still following...

There were also about 60 Canadian students on the ship among the passengers.

Here is a further news link as at the dinner hour...

http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/TopStories/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CTV-TOPSTORIES_V2&showbyline=True&newsitemid=CTVNews%2f20070405%2fgreekisland_cruise_070405

I finally heard from my daughter for 30 seconds, (thank god) she called from a ship's phone. Her group lost everything. they were below deck 5 (i guess). But they are safe. But as an afterthought..... no pictures no video. too sad :( and the kids very distressed.

I finally heard from my daughter for 30 seconds, (thank god) she called from a ship's phone. Her group lost everything. they were below deck 5 (i guess). But they are safe. But as an afterthought..... no pictures no video. too sad :( and the kids very distressed.

I bet they are stressed out! So very glad that she is safe, everything else can be replaced. Your daughter, you, and your entire family are in our thoughts and prayers, hope you can get her home soon :)

###

Thank goodness! I'm sure that has helped ease your mind a little ;) .....but being a mother myself, I know I wouldn't be relaxed until I was able hug and hold them. Please up date us as you can.

as well

I thank you for your info

No matter what the cruise line about info of incidents that happen , its nice to know.

Just because this a RCCL thread, or room, doesent mean it may or may not be related to that lines. Its info.

I have found very valuable info from other lines boards even though I have never sailed on them.

At the end of the day this is a " Cruise Community" and any info posted by any one why wants to regester, reguardles of its pertanants to the lines the the OP wants to post, is most always good, and bad info to know.

I did not know about this till I saw it here.

Cheers from Beers .

Thank you to the OP I find it interesting to hear these and other stories regarding this type of thing no matter what cruise line it is- for exp. the one recently regarding rogue waves, one of the most fascinating threads I've read! Its helpful and makes you take note of when you do go on a cruise to pay attention to where your muster station is and life jacket info, sometimes you just take for granted everything is going to be perfect, but sadly its not always that way! I hope more people post here regardless if its RCI or not. I am a newbie here and just returned from my 1st cruise and cruise critic was a such a help to me to hear so many experiences, stories and great advice! You can always choose to ignore the thread if it might bother you. :)

Archived