Please enlighten me

jean 50ny

You will really like the convenience of the Lido deck. I loved it. Yes it was a little windy and sometimes you would hear people above you during the sail aways but it wasn't anything that would ruin a cruise.The location cannot be beat. It is so nice to be next to all of the pools, the grill and the buffets. It is also so easy to get up on deck and look out over everything. You will love it! Don't worry....Enjoy!

Thanks, cool cruiser. I have been really worried that we were not going to be able to sit on our balcony. This cruise has PH cat left---but in middle of ship & I was ready to switch.

Regards

Jean

Sorry to burst bubbles, but I don't think the responder realized you were talking specifically about Suite L106. It has a forward facing balcony. We considered that suite on Caribbean Princess but were told that the door to the balcony was locked when the ship was at sea because of the wind. As a result, we chose a PS on the aft end of the ship.

The PH suites midship might be a better choice if sitting out on the balcony is important to you.

Now I am really concerned. Called Princess & was told they would never lock the door to a balcony. I don't know if I should switch to E733 aft. Could someone please, please give me some more advice. Ihave to let TA know today. Thanks alot----Jean

If you enter "L106" in the search thread you will see quite a few threads discussing the pros and cons of this cabin.

Some report that the wind was really bad, some report that it was the best cabin they ever had. Some say the door to the balcony was locked sometimes, some said it wasn't. Some also say the noise from the gym above bothered them - some said it didn't.

Looks like the answer is "it depends".

For what it is worth, we really enjoyed our aft suite on CB.

The Emerald Deck Suite E733 is very similar to what we had - it won't have the wind problem but then it also looks aft not forward. It will also be quieter than the Lido deck suite.

If you want the "safe" choice - I would go for the aft suite. If you want to take a chance, stick with the Lido one.

Hope you have a great cruise whatever you decide to do!

a750 looks identical to the suite we had on Caribbean Princess, except ours was on Caribe deck. It has cabins above and below it, so it won't be noisy.

Tough choice - but I would still say that if you plan on using the balcony a lot - the aft location is better (both because of wind and sun). But the view from the forward one is probably really neat.

Have a great cruise.

To everyone that took the time to answer my ? about L106. I finally made a decision. I am going with---drum roll---------E733. To many if's & negatives with L106. I guess I wanted to feel comfortable with close to what we had last year. It was our 1st time on Princess & we were upgraded from a mini to owners suite. So needless to say we wanted a suite again.

But anyway---safe cruising to you all.

Regards, Jean

Archived