Name is different on docs (no suffix)..Carnival said it's OK..nervous

piratemom

My DH is a second...that is he has a "II" behind his name. His passport has the II, DL has the II, etc, etc. When I look at our reservation on the Carnival site and go to the modify booking area (where I can see the names of all the pax's in our reservation) it lists him as a II there too.

HOWEVER, we got our docs and there is no II on any of the pages after his name. I am REALLY nervous about it because I know ppl have been denied boarding for name discrepancies. I called Carnival and asked a rep. She says that when she pulls up the booking the II is there. I told her I was nervous because the way it stands now, the docs are different than the passport. She said yeah but when I pull up the reservation it says it here, so there is no problem. :confused: Still very worried. Everything I have read says the docs HAVE to match the passport. Anyone else run into this?

I have the SAME EXACT PROBLEM...lol.

My son is a second and they omitted both his middle name and II from the reservation.

PVP couldn't change it and said his supervisor said don't worry about it.

This happened the last time we cruised and I was hassled a bit but they let him on...not sure why carnival cannot change a name suffix when you request it..but they it appears they can't if its after final payment.

(I tried online,,,but if you speak w/ a PVP they disable your ability to make online transactions..stupid if you ask me.

I am in the airline industry and if your name does NOT match the ticket EXACTLY, we would deny you boarding. It is no big deal to have your travel agent go into your reservation and make the proper document change.

I realize that maybe when cruising it might not be an issue. But IMO I would have them change it rather than them saying that it is no big deal. Our Airlines would charge a fee to do this at the ticket counter on the day of travel.(100.00) In this world we live in today in might be a great idea to just have them take care of it for you beforehand so you would definetly have NO problems.

I called Carnival to change it and the PVP could not change it..I went online and it allows me to change the names...but does not allow me to upload the change.

Very Frustrated.

We have yet to get our docs and I do not want any problems boarding.

I think I will call back.

We had the same problem with my dh TWICE. Both times though there was no problem. I can't promise your experience will be the same...but thought it might put your mind at ease a little.

I am in the airline industry and if your name does NOT match the ticket EXACTLY, we would deny you boarding. It is no big deal to have your travel agent go into your reservation and make the proper document change.

I realize that maybe when cruising it might not be an issue. But IMO I would have them change it rather than them saying that it is no big deal. Our Airlines would charge a fee to do this at the ticket counter on the day of travel.(100.00) In this world we live in today in might be a great idea to just have them take care of it for you beforehand so you would definetly have NO problems.

To dispel people's concerns about what EXACTLY means, it just pertains to First and Last name (if you're married, bring you ML to be on the safe side if your ID has your maiden name). You DO NOT have to have your middle name, suffix, or any other quirky thing about your name. Just the correctly spelled first and last name.

mattamber is entirely correct. The first and last names need to match on the manifest...sometimes on the tickets it won't fit if it has too many characters. You will be fine. The funpass is what name is listed on the cruise manifest so his name is correct. You will be fine...You don't even need to show your tickets since you have filled out the funpass. You are already registered.

Yes. It says II on the fun pass. Does NOT say II on the tickets/docs.

When you look at the funpass, you are looking at what they have in their system. Don't understand why it isn't on the docs,( unless you hadn't completed the funpass before they printed the docs, that could be it), but if it says II on the funpass, you are fine. Do your docs say funpass complete or incomplete? I know when you print the funpass it doesn't list each passenger, but they use that booking number to pull up your reservation. Whatever is in the funpass is what they see, relax and enjoy your cruise.:)

To dispel people's concerns about what EXACTLY means, it just pertains to First and Last name (if you're married, bring you ML to be on the safe side if your ID has your maiden name). You DO NOT have to have your middle name, suffix, or any other quirky thing about your name. Just the correctly spelled first and last name.

well...thanks...that does clear things up. :)

Different type of question...

My invoice from my TA has "Mrs." in front of my name, but I'm not married. Will that make a difference? My name still matches, and the Mrs. doesn't show up on the FunPass..

I would call my TA and let her know that Mrs. should not be on there, mention that it is on your invoice and tell her you want it corrected. Did you fill out your funpass? I know when we booked with a TA, we filled out our own funpass, and if you filled out your own, you probably did not put the Mrs. on there for the fact that you are not married. So if you didn't fill it out that way, it will not show up, but I would definitely call the TA and have her change that to where it shows correctly.

Yes you are EXACTLY right! And it's true that the ticket only excepts so many characters. I must have been sleeping when I read piratesmom's message!! The II isn't an issue, or the suffix. Sorry.

We just have alot of problems when the FIRST and/or LAST name is incorrect!

When you look at the funpass, you are looking at what they have in their system. Don't understand why it isn't on the docs,( unless you hadn't completed the funpass before they printed the docs, that could be it), but if it says II on the funpass, you are fine. Do your docs say funpass complete or incomplete? I know when you print the funpass it doesn't list each passenger, but they use that booking number to pull up your reservation. Whatever is in the funpass is what they see, relax and enjoy your cruise.:)

The docs say funpass complete. Feeling a little better. I saw the previous post about the airline ticket and that sent me into another panic, as it is not on our airline tickets either (when, again, I KNOW I booked it that way) :D . I think we are good...right?;)

The docs say funpass complete. Feeling a little better. I saw the previous post about the airline ticket and that sent me into another panic, as it is not on our airline tickets either (when, again, I KNOW I booked it that way) :D . I think we are good...right?;)

You're good;) Have an awesome time:) Drink a rum-runner for me:p

My DH is a Sr.-I just went back and looked at some old docs and although when I book a cruise using the same PVP and he ask who is going and I say me & Larry (my DH) his past guest # comes up with the Sr. (and a senior citizen discount) -the acutal docs do not have the Sr. on them. Also the sign & sail card has the Sr. on it.

Thanks for that info! We were worried because DH has Jr. on his DL and for booking they put Jr. because it's also on his military ID (got a discount) but it's NOT on his birth certificate.

Archived