Car Rentals

DEELOUX

We are going on the POH in October and plan on renting a car while in the overnight ports. We plan on using Thrifty. What location do I use when reserving? When I put in Maui, the location comes up Maui airport. Is that right? How far away is the car rental place from the ship at each port? Thanks,

If you're docked in Kahului (which I believe you are), the Thrifty rental is near the airport (it may be on the airport property, but it's not at the terminal). It's very close to the ship dock -- maybe a five/ten minute ride. The Hilo Thrifty is at the airport terminal -- a ten/fifteen minute ride from the ship dock. The Kauai Thrifty is near the airport but I don't think it's on airport property. It's also a ten/fifteen minute ride from the ship dock. When I rented for these three locations, I used the airport for each. Make sure you sign up as a Blue Chip member -- there's a separate line for Blue Chips, and it does move faster than the regular line :)

Archived