Jamaican Coffee

bbusybee7

Can you bring coffee back with you on the Ships? If you can does anyone know where you can buy it? Can't find the coffee here anymore and wanted to bring some home with us.....Thanks

Not sure about where to get the coffee and I am wondering the same thing. I see you are leaving in a few days....lucky you! Once you get back can you drop back by and let us know where you found the coffee???

I would think if you can bring liqour back on board that you buy in port, then you would be able to bring coffee. You may have to check it and get it back at the end of the cruise?

As for buying it, Blue Mountain coffee, which I believe to be the "Jamaican Coffee". Is readily available at almost any place you go. Now, some places will be cheaper than others, I recommend you ask your cab or tour driver for the best place. If memmory serves me right and this was a while back. It was about $7-$8per/lb. Where as in the states it's about twice that.

Of course, I think I bought mine in a little shop in Negril. So, MO BAY, since it's a port will probably be a little more expensive, not sure. OH and I guarantee you that someoen will have it at the shops in the port entrance. You may want to check the price their, if you can't find it cheaper in town, buy it when you go back threw so you don't have to lug it around all day! :D

Yes, you can bring coffee...I've done it several times. Also, the best place that I have found is the little store in the duty-free area right before you go back out to the ships....there are two stores on the right as you come back to the dock area, and the one closer to the dock has been the cheapest. DO NOT buy from Dunn's River Falls; ripoff prices despite being on the island. Do not buy from anywhere else on the itinerary, either. It's funny that I saw this thread - I was just coming on to ask if anyone knew what a pound of ground Blue Mountain was going for nowadays? The cheapest I ever saw, which was in the aforementioned store, was $14/lb.

DevilMike...which dock area? I've never been to Jamaica but I heard there are two....Ocho Rios and Montego Bay. We are docking in Ocho Rios...thanks

I will let you know how we did when we get back. Only a few more days now...have to go pack!:eek:

Thanks everyone for your replies!

The true coffee freaks here also know this: that coffee weakens and turns to crap when exposed to light, whether still in whole bean or ground. So not only are Florida prices of $40/lb a ripoff, they are also for an inferior product because odds are they're not selling the vacuum-packed Jablum bags that you can get on the island.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

We're back!! We had a great time and NCL Dawn was MUCH better than last year!! Food was better and so was the service.

Anyway, we went to the Dolphins and Dunns River Falls....we were running late and ended up getting the coffee at the little market in the falls (yes they were pretty pushy but we made it through!). We paid $15.00/lb. I just noticed in Devil Mikes last post he mentioned it being vacuum packed though. Ours was not. We were running so late that I didn't think we would have time to stop at the shops before the ship sailed so we took a chance at the little market. I haven't tried it yet but I hope it is good!

Can't wait to book the next Cruise!!

Archived