What a joke

racepoint

I just got a call from “John” at Princess. He said, “How are you doing?” Kiddingly, my response was, “Please don’t tell me my cruise is cancelled.” He said, “No, but we are going to have to move one of your two cabins.” (We have three AFT balcony cabins and we sail in 10 days.) I explained that we purposely booked them together because our daughters are going to be in the cabin directly next door to us and my sister and brother-in-law in the cabin next to them. He explained they had a pipe break behind the wall and “we’ve cleaned it up really well, but you wouldn’t want to be in that cabin.” I asked what he was proposing to do. He suggested I call up the deck plan online. I tried several times and kept getting an error message. As I’m trying to pull it up, he continued talking and said “believe me, I hate making these kind of calls” I told him I understood if there was a problem with one cabin, but that I still wanted two side-by-side balcony cabins or in the alternative, a suite that would accommodate all four of us. He said there were no suites available. “This is a sold out cruise, but Princess retains just a few cabins for situations like this.” He said he could move the girls to a cabin on the "3rd level in the front of the ship." I told him I wasn’t at all comfortable having the girls several levels down and on the opposite end of the ship. He said, “Don’t you see your husband often?” implying that we should each just split up and share a room with one of the girls. I asked if they were going to offer me any compensation for this inconvenience and he said, “No. I’m just trying to keep you on this ship so it doesn’t cost you any more money” I said “Cost me?” He asked if I had pulled up that deck plan yet and I told him I was having trouble with it and getting an error message. He asked me to “hurry up” because he had other calls to make. He said, “Are you computer savvy? Why don’t you put somebody on the line who is computer savvy. Do I have to spell it out for you?” At some point, he mentioned that putting the girls on the third level might be a problem because of a large group they’d booked on that deck that is “clothing optional.” My blood pressure is absolutely sky high at this point. Not so much that they were moving me, but at the way I was being treated. I asked for his last name because I was hanging up and calling Princess and hopefully speaking with somebody reasonable and, if not, canceling the whole thing with a full refund. He wouldn’t give me his last name. He again said, “I’m just trying to do this as quickly as possible so that we can get you on this sailing.” More insulting remarks were thrown out and I called him a not-so-nice name and hung up on him. I immediately started dialing 1-800-PRINCESS and the receptionist here buzzed me and told me my sister was on the line. I wouldn’t take her call because I was trying to get through to Princess. She told the receptionist that it was an emergency so I took the call. It turns out she was playing a joke on me and I was on MIX 98.5. (Boston radio station.) I guess it's goimg to air in the next day or two - with several appropriately placed "bleeps", I'm sure.

I think as a community, the members of this board should put their heads together and come up with an appropriate retaliatory strike for Mr. Racepoint. I'm sure some of the minds here could come up with enough good ideas that the sister would never, ever, considering doing anything like this again.

Racepoint...that gal is toast! :D

I have to tell you - as I was reading this I kept thinking, this would make a great call for 98.5 to make!!! I almost fell off my seat when I got to the end!!!! How funny (well, only because it wasn't me :o )! I look forward to hearing it on the radio!

Racepoint

Loved your story and the set up:D After reading just a few sentence I had this sinking feeling in my stomach....like" OMG I can't image this happenening to me "...I'm gald it was just a joke. A great one I might add!

I'm sure payback will be that much sweeter!

Enjoy your cruise:)

You should have quickly told your daughter you had already called princess and cancelled the cruise and told her pricess appolgized but said there was a waiting list and they would easly fill the cabins. Then I let her sweat it for a few days. That funny but I would get even!!!!!

John

I think as a community, the members of this board should put their heads together and come up with an appropriate retaliatory strike for Mr. Racepoint. I'm sure some of the minds here could come up with enough good ideas that the sister would never, ever, considering doing anything like this again.

Racepoint...that gal is toast! :D

You could get them quarunteened in their cabin for 3 days...

You could intercept their luggage and hide it...

Talk to the CD onboard and get them volunteered for a real embarrassing game...

Hide their passports...

Here's my payback suggestion. You will need to enlist the aid of some co-conspirators, maybe from the Roll Call thread for your cruise.

Have your accomplices board the ship before you, and send them to your sister's cabin. The stewards leave the doors open. When your sister gets to her cabin, have the people there state that this is in fact THEIR cabin, and have them send your sister to the purser's desk to work out their new living arrangements on board.

Play it out however long you can stand it. Suggest that your sister will have to bunk in one of the other cabins, maybe in a pull-down bed. Tell her that her husband can bunk in the other cabin with the kids. If you can keep it up to where they actually sleep in separate cabins for one night, I'd consider that even.

Here's my payback suggestion. You will need to enlist the aid of some co-conspirators, maybe from the Roll Call thread for your cruise.

Have your accomplices board the ship before you, and send them to your sister's cabin. The stewards leave the doors open. When your sister gets to her cabin, have the people there state that this is in fact THEIR cabin, and have them send your sister to the purser's desk to work out their new living arrangements on board.

Play it out however long you can stand it. Suggest that your sister will have to bunk in one of the other cabins, maybe in a pull-down bed. Tell her that her husband can bunk in the other cabin with the kids. If you can keep it up to where they actually sleep in separate cabins for one night, I'd consider that even.

This is a really good idea.

Thanks, guys. Some wonderful ideas. The only problem is that she reads these boards, too. I'll have to come up with my own ideas I guess. (Although I LOVE your idea, Spongerob, about having someone else in their cabin when they arrive. That would be too funny!!!) The worst part, is that when the receptionist gave me the call and said it was "John" from Princes Cruises, my mind went into fast forward . . . 10 days till we sail . . . it must be the upgrade fairy!! What a letdown!

Thanks, guys. Some wonderful ideas. The only problem is that she reads these boards, too. I'll have to come up with my own ideas I guess.

Then you'll HAVE to come back after your cruise and tell us what you did. ;)

If my sister did that to me...Id make quite a few nice surprises for her. See,I have my sister and brotherinlaws booking number:D there would be no robes in the room, a special diet, beds apart, I would book every excursion, she would have a room full of flowers, candy, you name it;) And to top it all off, my wife and I would have a wonderful balcony dinner.. compliments of Sis of course:D

Hi,

It's VIXSTER Racepoint's jokester sister. It was a joke in good clean fun, I'm sure she'll try and get back at me, but since I read these posts too, some of these great payback suggestions probably won't work. Racepoint was actually pretty cool until Lander started getting rude which is what he likes to do to get you upset. It was all in fun...I love my sister very much and can't wait to cruise with her and her family. I was on the phone line when Lander and Alicia were on the phone with her. I'm sooooo glad we called back and were able to get her to hang up from dialing Princess, that could've made a bad joke turn really embarassing. The funniest thing was when Lander called back, HE told the Receptionist that "it's her sister"...we were laughing waiting for Racepoint to get on the phone to speak with her sister on steroids!!!!

Archived