Splendour & Babysitting for 6 Mo old.

sas80

At first I was told that they didn't do babysitting for any kids under one year.

I explained that we only needed a sitter between the hours of 8:30 and 10:30 pm, for the late seating dinner, and that baby would always be asleep when the sitter got there and would stay asleep the whole time.

She went ahead and processed my request and we were able to secure babysitting for 4 of the 5 nights of the cruise. (Too late notice to do it on the first night)

The baby went to sleep at 8 pm, as usual, and didn't make a peep the whole time she was there!

The going rate is $8 an hour and we paid her $20 a night wether we were out for 2 hours or not.

It worked out GREAT!

My advice to anyone traveling with a child under 1 year old is to ask anyways...

Glad you asked.

They were so adament about not sitting for me. The pursor guy lied! He told me the computer wouldnt even take the request if the child was less than a year. I had no idea until I got on board because the website still said 6 months and up last year. I am really glad it worked out for you. That way you and DH got to enjoy dinner alone each night. Was the babysitter good?

Our daughter is now 19 months and we are planning to use some Carnival sitting at 10pm (if we can stay up that late:rolleyes: ) this cruise

Julie

Archived