Booked Navigator Family Oceanview 8200 on Enchantment

Just got off the Enchantment today and will be glad to answer any questions.

While on board, we booked Family Oaceanview 8200 on the Navigator for next year.

Being a family of five, in the past we always chose two adjoining rooms in order to have the two bathrooms, since RC always told us that the Family Oceanview only had one.

Well, the other family we traveled with stayed at the only family oceanview on Enchantement (8012) and not only did they have 2 bathrooms, but they also had access to the concierge lounge.

Even though the Loyalty Ambassador "assured" us that the room we were booking (Navigator 8200) only had one bathroom and no concierge lounge access, I don't know how much to trust that info because she was not even aware that the FO on the ship we were on had 2 baths and access to the lounge.

Can somebody clarify the number of bathrooms and the concierge lounge access issue on the Navigator????? I just don't know what to expect and having seen it first hand, now know that the info RC gives is not always accurate.

P.S: When we finally convinced her to check with Julian (concierge), he told her that since there was only one FO on Enchantment, they gave that room basically al the perks of a suite.

Has anybody been in a Family Oceanview room on the Voyager class ships??

I am looking for guidance regarding the number of bathrooms and the concierge lounge access.

Thank you.

We were in the Family Oceanview on the Mariner. It has ONE bathroom and no concierge access. We did, however, have concierge access but that was because we are diamond members, not because of the room we had. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response.

It seems like it is only at the Enchantment that this kind of room (Family Oceanview) has two baths and concierge lounge access.......great to know!!!

Would you happen to know how many beds total in the bunk room???? The one on the Enchantment had two bunks (4 berths total), thereby making the room capacity a total of 8.

I've been told that on the Voyager class, these types of rooms can sleep up to 6, which means that there would only be one bunk in the separate room (2 berths). Could you plase confirm???

For us this would be the diciding factor, because if the sofa needs to be opened as a bed, then he room would definitely get real tight.

Once again, thanks for he info which has helped us realize that it would be an entirely different product from what we saw on Enchantment, even thoug RC has them under the same category (FO).

The enchantment room sounds nice. Especially if it's reasonably priced like most of the family oceanview rooms are!! With 6 people (for us) an extra bathroom would be a plus!

On the Mariner there was just the one set of bunkbeds, so two beds. The other two kids slept on the sofa couch which was made up each evening. Yes, it did get kind of crowded but there was still quite a bit of room in there for us.

You can see some pictures of the FO room on the Mariner by checking out the link in my signature for the Mariner photos. There are pics at the very beginning and more through the middle/end.

Thanks for the pictures....which room did you have, 8200???

The one on Enchantment is much bigger and the two bunks allow for the sofa to stay as such and become a real x-tra space.

I hope they keep it that way...including the suite perks.

The FO in the Voyager class is still nice, but thanks again for saving us the disappointment of finding out too late that it was not what we had seen before.

Hcviana:

Thanks for the first-hand info on the FO cabin on the Enchantment. I've been thinking and Enchantment 5-nighter might make a good first family cruise, and hearing about how great that cabin is might help nudge me into it. It's either that or connecting cabins for us. I have to imagine the price would work out similar because with 6 we woudl be paying full fare for four in connecting rooms vs. 2 in the FO.

LisaGoeke: Thanks for the pictures of the FO on a Voyager-class ship. Really helps to "see" the room vs. reading RCI's very vague description. (Plus, as HCviana found, it's not always accurate!)

PHXscuba

"You can't have everything -- besides, where would you put it all?":D

As great as this "special" FO is on Enchantment, you may think I'm crazy but I still prefer having two adjoining rooms with a physical barrier between me and my kids.

I know, I know, you may think I'm the worst parent in the world but I am not sure a curtain provides the necessary privacy and noise abatement I get with two separate rooms..........I'm talking about noise from the kids bothering me, for those who imagined something else............ After all, this way they also get to have their own space (mess). Now, if you ask my wife she'll want the opposite......all the kids under her wing all the time.

However, if given the opportunity I would gladly take the FO on Enchantment with all its "non-standard" upgrades and much larger space....the FO on the Voyager class with one bath, sofa-bed and no concierge lounge to me is not worth the extra $450 compared to two separate interiors. Just my opinion, I'm pretty sure most people don't think this way.

Archived