Gaucho Pants?

TMarie

Just wondering...are gaucho pants out?

I hope not because they are extremely comfortable and are so easy to dress up!

I am not a fan of the "new" bermudas....they just dont look good on "fluffy" ladies like myself.

Honestly, I dont follow fashion very often, but i am finding it difficult to find gauchos and these bermudas are EVERYWHERE!

Target had lots of gauchos but they are on backorder.....grrrr

I don't think so because in many of the spring catalougs i have been getting, they still show them.

I love them as well. The shorts that are all around now are NO GOOD for those that are shorter in height as well. I just look "stubby" wearing them. Not so with gouchos. Plus, they can be paired with flipflops for a casual look or a sparkly tube top and heels for dress.

Silly question. What are gauchos? I'm short and wear the shorts that are down to the top of my knees. My legs are not made for short shorts and ones that are just below the knee.

I like them but only with boots, on me anyway. I have a couple of pair that I wear in winter but during summer, I go capri. I am short and fluffy and not much looks good on me but I am so over worrying about it. I wear what I am comfortable in and does not look overly bad.

I am 5' 8 so on the tall side, and i wear them with flip flops for casual and dressy sandals for dressing up with lots of accessories.

I do not wear them with boots...I live in Cincinnati...the snow would be up inside my boots...plus it just wasnt a good look for me. I used to work at Lerners NY & Co. and everyone was buying them before christmas...

And i agree with the poster that said even if they arent "in" I will still wear them! I can rock it! Bring it back!

:D

If they are 'out' than most of the stores are selling out of date fashions. They seem to be everywhere for spring. I agree with others who have said they are nice because you can dress them up or down.....and the slinkier ones take up very little room in suitcase, and don't wrinkle!

:) Kerry

Whether they are in or out right now, don't think they are flattering to anyone, especially the model in the thumbnail posted by KarenSharpe. What's with the brown gauchos and black boots anyway...they were also too short. Gauchos or "bombachas", do not do anything for most figure types and if you are short, forgedaboudit.

I think that's a touch harsh. I have seen some beautiful gaucho suits and with the right cut and fit they can be quite stylish. I do agree that they may be more suitable for certain body types but I wouldn't rule them out for everybody. This one in particular is similar to a wool suit I had and I loved it!:)

Whether they are in or out right now, don't think they are flattering to anyone, especially the model in the thumbnail posted by KarenSharpe. What's with the brown gauchos and black boots anyway...they were also too short. Gauchos or "bombachas", do not do anything for most figure types and if you are short, forgedaboudit.

sorry... but I disagree with you. I am short and just bought an outfit that looks amazing.... you need to look around at different designers.

Guest KimberlyB

Here on the east coast, I am seeing gauchos everywhere. Besides Target, Old Navy has some really great styles (from sizes XS to XXL) at very reasonable prices.

I, personally, can't get away with wearing 'em. I'm 5'2" and have tried the whole high-heeled boot / gaucho combo and it just doesn't work. My incredibly tall 6-year old, however, can pull the look off flawlessly -- minus the high-heels, of course. :rolleyes:

Hi Nitra,

When I said slinky fabrics, I meant the knits, like the one's used with Vikki Vi clothing if you are familiar with them. They don't cling, but hang nicely. See what you think. Above all...wear what makes you comfortable and feel good! That's the key.

sorry... but I disagree with you. I am short and just bought an outfit that looks amazing.... you need to look around at different designers.

I agree with you! Definitely not OUT! I have them in every material! I have cotton knits, cotton/polyester, slinky spandex, etc....I love them! I am short, I look great in them and they are tremendously comfortable! I saw them every place on both malls the past two days! I have worn them with boots in the winter and sandals in the summer. I just got a beautiful layered and jazzy brown halter with a big gold buckle that will go perfectly with my new slinky brown ones for this upcoming cruise! Wear what you like and what is comfortable for you. Everything always comes back in style and why not just make your "own" style? :) If I feel it works, I could care less what they're showing in magazines or what anybody else has to say about it! :eek:

We will be going on a 10 day Princess Alaskan cruise and my daughter, aged 13 is not into "girlie" clothing. She will wear the gauchos though and has both brown and black in the knee style. Has anyone been on Princess and seen the longer ones worn on formal night? Do you think they would work for her? Other cruises she has worn them with a blouse and flats and has been fine. She is 5'5" and healthy looking. Can anyone suggest where to find some fancy ones (preferably knit material as she also doesn't like jeans).

Thank you

Archived