baggage tags

sur

I am wondering if anyone knows when we put our baggage tags on our bags. Our TA sent the copy of the tag, like I have been reading they do, but they didn't explain anything about it. I made a copy of it and have printed off more for all our bags. Do we put these on our bags before leaving home or wait untill after our flight to New Orleans. The typing paper, I copied the tag on is so flimsy, I don't understand what will keep from tearing in route. Does anyone know?

Thanks

If booked through the cruise line, most times you put them on before your flight if it's a situation that they get your bags etc. This was my experience once sailing out of San Juan and booking air with cruise. Could be different now, not sure.

If you booked your flights on your own, I always put mine on just before boarding ship. If your tags are really, really, flimsy and you worry about them, they have some at the port you can fill out and attach there.

Hope that helped.:)

I just got my tags and thought the same thing about how flimsy they are since I printed them out myself, so I put contact paper on them to strengthen them. Maybe I'll wait to put them on once we've landed in Seattle since we will be getting our own bags.

I just got my tags and thought the same thing about how flimsy they are since I printed them out myself, so I put contact paper on them to strengthen them. Maybe I'll wait to put them on once we've landed in Seattle since we will be getting our own bags.

I went to Office Max and picked up a small box of Avery brand shipping tags, 100 for $4.99 and a glue stick. The shipping tags have reinforced holes and string already on them. I copied the tag onto regular paper, glued a sample onto the shipping tag and then cut it to match the Ships tag. Then I turned the kids loose on it, they made more copies and cut out and glued tags for everyone in our group.

We had enough tags to put tags on all our luggage, backpacks, camera bags, coolers, small bags that were packed and used just for port shopping.

We also printed out a copy of our contact information, itenerary, cell and beeper numbers, a land line contact number (not a home number though) and stuck that sheet in all of our luggage pieces, as well as all the items we carried on, in case the tags come off, or if an item accidently gets put down and forgotten somewhere.

We also used the shipping tags to create id cards for the children with their name, parental contact info, what ship they were on, which they stuck in their wallets or purses.

and after all that we still have 30 or 40 of those tags left for our upcoming cruise, smalller group this time.. not a bad deal for for $4.99

Regards,

Tom

Just back from our cruise and another suggestion we printed ours out and then covered them in packing tape and stapled them on to our luggage at home and everything was just fine when we got our luggage at the airport. Hope this helps.... Happy cruising !!:)

My cheap make your own suggestion: I used white dividers, that come in a package of 8 or ten for about a dollar in any office supply store. I cut off the sides (the holes are on one side and the plastic tab on the other). What is left is extremely strong. Be careful to only print the luggage tags on this paper, no use printing your other e-documents on this paper.

I went to Staples and got a package of plastic lamination sheets. Then I made about 8 copies of the luggage tags, laminated them, and then used a hole punch to punch a hole on both ends. Then I used some curling ribbon (a strong plastic kind I had left from Christmas) to tie it onto the handle of our bags. I doubt those suckers will fall, or tear off.:D

The tags that are self-adhesive are put onto your bag the way the airlines puts their's on. You take the backing off put it through your luggage handle then tape the two sides together to close it up.:)

Have a great trip everyone! We set sail tomorrow!

I just did my tags this morning and decided to use the same address labels that I use on envelopes when paying bills. After attaching them to the tags, I then covered the label with clear adhesive tape for extra protection.

DH is wondering who at NCL knows me - we received two sets of tags (16 in all) and I'm famous for overpacking so obviously they knew what they were doing:D

I made copies of the tags that came with my e-docs. I used the regular paper that I use at home. I folded them as per the directions on the tags and attached them to my bag handles before I left the bags with the ship's porters. ( I brought a small stapler with me. ) All the bags arrived without any problems.

Last year I printed our tags covered them in clear pack tape. After I folded them so the locked like a luggage tag I ran tape around the tag again. This worked great, no need for staples and nothing to cut you hands on.

Simply fold the paper tag you print and take them to Kinko's to be laminated in clear plastic and trimed for a cost of about $4 per tag. You can punch a hole on the ends to attach them to your luggage with string or other fastner.

I have a question about the tags myself. What if you have a pre-stay? Do you still attach the tags before you fly or do you attach them just before you get to the ship?

If somebody is picking them up for you as part of the cruise, then you will need them attached when you hand them to the airlines. If on the other hand,you have to recover your own bags when you get there, you should wait and put your tags on as you head to the pier.

The airlines have no interest in your cabin number.

Just back from our cruise and another suggestion we printed ours out and then covered them in packing tape and stapled them on to our luggage at home and everything was just fine when we got our luggage at the airport. Hope this helps.... Happy cruising !!:)

This is exactly what we did, just pressed them down onto packing tape and folded them over and stapled them. Quick and easy and no more flimsy tags.

Simply fold the paper tag you print and take them to Kinko's to be laminated in clear plastic and trimed for a cost of about $4 per tag. You can punch a hole on the ends to attach them to your luggage with string or other fastner.

Seems clearly like an unnecessary expense of both time and money. Backing with packing tape and stapling them takes only minutes and is the same result.

Archived