guitar on board?

Check the cruise contract. Some cruise lines have a prohibition on bringing musical instruments on board. don't know what the RCCL policy is.

If someone is an adult and very talented or a professional, that's one thing, but can you imagine if there were very many teen wanna be rock stars on board with their guitars! My nephew is one of those...he thinks his music is great, but the rest of us...well let's say we think otherwise. A week of listening to him play would send me to the looney bin.

I'd just recommend checking with the cruise line policy so there are no surprises at the dock.

That is a GREAT idea for anyone thinking about toting their guitar (or any instrument).

Check whatever cruiseline it is that you are sailing with, just to be safe!!

Playing in his room may be a problem to some. For as big as these ships are you can always find a space without people that may be annoyed with it. Personally I enjoy accustic guitar and would love to listen to him. When we did Hawaii on Legend years ago I remember a guitar player playing Hawaiian music in centrum and it echoed thru out the area. I'm sure around the pool it will be appreciated that is if its not too noisy. Then again he can try the outside promenade usually Deck 5 I think. There are usually only a couple of people relaxing there and then the people strolling the deck and that would be cool to hear him.

pepsicruiser,

this is actually a pretty outdated thread just brought back so it isnt really referring to any one "he/him/his guitar" in particular. Just some good random comments and thoughts (JMHO)

Good input. I think respect goes a long way tho and hope no one would want to annoy another pax with their guitar.

Even though this is an old thread, I just wanted to say: If you're flying to the port, make sure you check with your airline's regulations! Some don't allow instruments as carry-on baggage anymore, which means you risk it being damaged in checked baggage. I know somebody whose prized guitar has been damaged several times on planes as she has flown around for concerts she has put on.

And, of course, check with the cruise line's policies to see if instruments are allowed.

Archived