Past Guest Perks?

KerCar

Hello!

I've been on two previous Carnival cruises and am considering a third. What kinds of perks do they offer for return customers? We attended the "Past Guest Party" on our last cruise, but was wondering if there are any other perks available. I read something somewhere about past guest discounts and upgrades, but can't seem to find anything specific on their website. Is this just if you book through Carnival directly? Thanks:)

They offer past-guest upgrades (within a category) and/or onboard credit on selected sailings. Not all ships or sailings are included in these promos. However, be sure to ask your TA about it when you book -- you don't have to go directly through Carnival to get these percs if they are available on your cruise.

On our Conquest cruise last year we received a Carnival tote-bag w/2 t-shirts;2 ship pins and 2 Carnival beach towels.We did not book through Carnival.

You receive those items if you book a past-guest cruise. There are only a few each year. The norm is that you get the past-guest party and the pin.

I'm scheduled for my 3rd cruise on Carnival, and have only been given ugrades and a better price once (depends on the cruise), plus am usually invited to the 'past guest party' (when I remember to check the box on the fun-pass)... other than that there really aren't a lot of initiatives to remain a Carnival customer, except that they usually 'blow the competition away' pricewise, which is usually my main concern. :D

selucrey: were you with a group, or what? I have to check into this; I want some goodies too.. :cool:

selucrey: were you with a group, or what? I have to check into this; I want some goodies too.. :cool:

Yes,we were but I think it WAS a past-guest reunion cruise.We didn't book it as such and were suprised with what we received.

Mohavemommy's right, those are special perks for specific cruises. We don't want anyone getting all upset that they didn't get their Carnival beach towels.

And just for a little added bonus, we've found if you sit at the bar during the PSP, you can have whatever you like, not just the colorful, little drinks the waiters bring around.

You receive those items if you book a past-guest cruise. There are only a few each year. The norm is that you get the past-guest party and the pin.

To avoid future confusion -

Booking a "past guest cruise" is not to be construed as simply being a past guest booking a cruise. The cruise itself is introduced thru TAs and Carnival emails specifically as a "PAST GUEST CRUISE". I get four or five such emails a year from my PVP.

As one who has cruised with Carnival several times, always in a Cat 12...the "perks" for Past Guests are nothing more than the Past Guest Reception...unless I'm missing out on something.

I've never received anything "perky" in my cabin, or paid less. I have received flower arrangements from my former TA, but nothing special from Carnival for being a Past Guest many times over.

I'm just glad to have the extra room...Sis-o-Stir takes a bunch of junk. Maybe she's bucking to win that Scavanger Hunt??

I've never received info on Past Guest Cruises, either. I'm gonna start looking for those!!

As long as the ship doesn't leave without me, I'm content!:eek:

Archived