Carnival kids clubs-age2, 10, 14

FranciscoFamily

We are Disney Cruisers thinking of trying Carnival. I posted this on the Carnival board and somebody suggested I repost here. Can anybody help?

I'd love to hear some reviews/info on the kids clubs on Carnival. Kids would be ages 2, 10, 11, and 14.

It sounded to me from talking to the rep that it's one big club area with different groups within. That means that the 12-14 group shares a room with the 2-5, 6-8, & 9-11 year old groups? Not sure I''d like that, not sure the kids would like that.

Also, for the 10& 11 year olds...I understand that after 10pm you pay for "babysitting" but are there still activities or is it just sit on a mat and watch movies? If they're all sharing one room and the younger ones are having quiet time and movie time I don't see how they'd continue to have activities.

Anybody know the ratio of kids to counselors for the 2-5 year old group?

What kinds of activities do they do in the 12-14 group?

Basically, I'd love any and all details you may have on the kids club.

Thanks!

I've done both Disney and Carnival, my oldest (age 7) declared Carnival her favorite kids club so far.

The best thing to do would be to look at the different posts on this board. There is one entitled "Kids clubs" or something like that. It talks about everyone's expeience in the different clubs.

"It sounded to me from talking to the rep that it's one big club area with different groups within. That means that the 12-14 group shares a room with the 2-5, 6-8, & 9-11 year old groups? Not sure I''d like that, not sure the kids would like that."

It's one big room but NOT one big room if that makes sense. The little ones are in one part, the older ones are separated around the corner.

On Elation, this is how it was laid out...

The smaller kids were here....and you can barely see where the big kids rooms are in the back to the left. I was never back there.

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

"Also, for the 10& 11 year olds...I understand that after 10pm you pay for "babysitting" but are there still activities or is it just sit on a mat and watch movies? If they're all sharing one room and the younger ones are having quiet time and movie time I don't see how they'd continue to have activities."

Nope, they have activities at night. They call it the "late night dance party" for the older ones. They play games. And no it didn't really bother the younger ones. The younger ones have the "late night slumber party" and they have cookies and milk delivered at 10pm.

"Anybody know the ratio of kids to counselors for the 2-5 year old group?"

I bet it depends on the time of year. We sailed in December. But there seemed to be a nice ratio for the younger kids. If I had to guess I would say at least 3-4 camp counselors for the younger kids and there were never more than 15 in that room at any one time, that I could see.

"What kinds of activities do they do in the 12-14 group?"

I don't have one in that group. maybye someone else here has a copy of the kid capers from that group.

"Basically, I'd love any and all details you may have on the kids club."

They have a Build A Buddy program like Build A Bear (for $19.99 extra). The 6-8 year olds did things like have a dance party in one of the dance clubs. It was closed off just for the 6-8 year olds. You get pagers for the younger kids. You can go to www.webshots.com and look for the carnival capers for those age groups. You can see the events they do.

The older ones 12-14 won't be sharing the room with the others. Our two daughters now 13 and 16 (cruising since the 10 and 12) have never shared a room with the younger kids while in the 12-14 age group. They meet at different places around the ship. The caper each day will tell them where to meet, but they are never inter-mixed with the younger kids. Don't worry, our kids would have a field day if that were the case.

The 9-11 year old group seemed to have a lot of scavenger hunts, ice cream outtings, and other planned activities.

We have cruised both Carnival and Disney. Disney is great for younger kids with the characters, but Carnival is a family styled ship as well. They are both great cruise lines and we love them both. You can't go wrong with either. Happy Cruising!:)

It's been a few years since we've been on Carnival (2002) but I seem to remember on the Paradise and the Ectasy that there were separate areas but next door to each other (unless senility is drifting in) My girl was still in the youngest group then and there was a dutch door for that room. You can look in but not enter. When you drop off your child, you sign in at this door.

I seem to remember (a theme here) that kids can watch the movies on big pillows or play videos in the post-10pm session. But they may move both the youngest groups (other than the teens) into the same room for that. I would imagine your 10 and 11-yr olds probably wouldn't go for kidsitting.

One activity that Carnival (also Princess) does is have a kids dinner in the buffet. They rope off an area so it's a private party. You drop them off for the dinner at the dining room and afterwards the counselors take them to the kids' area for more activities.

Of course, the more kids onboard, the bigger the program, with more activities. If you go while most kids are in school, there's usually a smaller program.

My daughter really enjoyed Camp Carnival so I guess that's what matters.

Archived