Any Photo Buff Tips?

IPingUPing

Coming in to Georgetown on 4/16 on the Inspiration. This will be our third trip to GC on a cruise so I have been to the turtle farm, submarine, etc. I'm an avid amateur photographer and I would love to spend time time off on my own taing pictures.

So, how to get around? Rent a car, rent a scooter, rent a cab, hire a driver for a few hours? I won't say money is no object, but I am willing to spend a couple hundred bucks.

Depending upon what subject you are looking for, there are several options.

For nature photography, rent a car and visit the Botanic Park.

For beach scenes, hire a driver to take you to some isolated spots where you won't have to fight the crowds to get your shots.

For underwater shots, go for shore dives at Divetech at the Cracked Conch near Boatswain's Bay (new Turtle Farm).

As said it really depends on what you consider to be worthy of a picture. If the crowds of SMB don't do it for you I think renting a car and driving along the south shore to the east end will provide you with some interesting sea pics and a very relaxed casual day taking in the less crowded parts of the island. Stop in at The Reef for lunch or go all the way around to Kaibo.

• 2 months later...

A little off-topic...Does anyone have any recommendations for under water cameras? I usually end up hating the quality of the disposable cameras you can buy at Walmart and such. I don't want to spend a ton if I end up having to buy a "real" (not disposable) underwater camera, but am curious to see what others recommend?

In Florida, I've seen a reusable underwater camera, but I don't know if it's dependable or not. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks for any info!

A little off-topic...Does anyone have any recommendations for under water cameras? I usually end up hating the quality of the disposable cameras you can buy at Walmart and such. I don't want to spend a ton if I end up having to buy a "real" (not disposable) underwater camera, but am curious to see what others recommend?

In Florida, I've seen a reusable underwater camera, but I don't know if it's dependable or not. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks for any info!

I'm not sure how the pictures turned out but a couple on our fishing excursion had bought the digital underwater that Carnival photo shop had for sale. It seemed rather expensive to me. I would check out online or in stores and see what you can find. Disney Waterparks have a nice digital that they sell. Also I remember a posting on here about Otter boxes for underwater gear including one you could put a camera in to use.

I've never noticed the Disney waterparks selling any, but probably because I wasn't looking for one! We will definitely be doing Typhoon Lagoon two times before our DCL cruise, so I wonder what type of digicam they sell there?

Thanks for the info!

Archived