Shops on Board?

MsKatee

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know what shopping is available on board?

thanks, mskatee

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

trwhalebm_e0.gif have to upload to my own url!

Time left untill Mother's Day Cruise on QM2!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;7;17;45;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Time left until Enchantment of the Seas Cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;8;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

RC Enchantment of the Sea-Nov 8, 04

Queen Mary 2-May 7, 2004

Celebrity Galaxy 4-03

Carnival Triumph 8-02 Family Cruise!

Carnival Victory 9-01

Shops that no one can afford icon_wink.gif The QM2 has Hermes, H. Stern, Chopard, Dunhill. The only one I could afford anything in was the lonely logo shop. It reminded me of the Bellagio hotel in Vegas. Lots of people in the hallways at the shops but nobody was in the stores because they were for the rich. The QM2 is like that. As much as I love the QM2, I don't know how the high end stores are going to make it. I only saw one person during the whole crossing who was carrying a "little" Hermes bag.

J.P.

Don't be afraid of the high-end names. There are bargains to be found inside. In Hermes, they had a sale on very nice men's dress shirts for $25 each. And their formal vests were well-priced also, especially if you're going to wear it several times on the cruise or crossing alone. Yes, I would never pay $90 for a long-sleeved t-shirt, as offered in 1 store, but there might be a few good surprises to be found.

Have to agree with sailsalot in that yes, there are some very expensive items for sale (and on the inaugural transatlantic I saw them being sold, believe me) but lots of other items as well, enough variety to satisfy most budgets.

I believe I spent more money in the bookstore than anywhere else (which is so typical of me!) but bought a great clear crystal paperweight with QM2's profile laser etched into it for (I think) around $25 in the logo store, as well as the ubiquitous refrigerator magnets for a couple of dollars each.

Additionally, I have to say I found the clerks, particularly in Harrod's, very well informed about their high-end items - some of which I contemplated for many minutes before a severe reality check set in.

They have a great assortment of goods to purchase. Don't overlook the bottles of Vodka, Gin and Whiskey in the shop next to the wine bar. They are around $22. and a great souvenier. They have the QM2 etched label and a see thru of the ship. Quite unique.

A bad day at sea is better than a good day at work

26 cruises since 1964 -Proud member of O.A.T.C.

Queen Mary 2 Maiden Caribbean Voyage 1/31/2004

HAL Zuiderdam 3/27/2004

Carnival Miracle from Tampa 11/7/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;11;07;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Archived