How many ships ( 1? 2?) can now currently dock in Cozumel?

Tom-n-Cheryl

This is what CRUISECAL.COM shows for our Legend sailing to Cozumel:

Cozumel 7/4/07 WEDNESDAY

Carnival Legend ...........9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Carnival Holiday ...........8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

RCL Enchantment OTS 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

If only 1 ship can dock there, do you think they would let the first arriving (but smaller) Holiday dock - or wait until the 2nd ship arrives (the Legend & largest of the day)?

Any insight (logic/guesses/past experiences) ??

Obviously, I would like to see the LEGEND dock there that day - as I KNOW that docking won't be an option for our Belize OR Grand Cayman stops!!!

Tom

Cozumel 7/4/07 WEDNESDAY

If only 1 ship can dock there, do you think they would let the first arriving (but smaller) Holiday dock - or wait until the 2nd ship arrives (the Legend & largest of the day)?

Obviously, I would like to see the LEGEND dock there that day - as I KNOW that docking won't be an option for our Belize OR Grand Cayman stops!!!

Tom

They can currently dock four, and five at times depending on the ship size... You will dock at the Punta Langosta pier based on the ships you mentioned above.

Check out http://www.cozumelinsider.com They have a chart that lists what ships will be in town and were they will dock. The pier is listed than either interior or exterior for berth. If it say "al pairo", that ship is tendered. Check it over a couple of weeks. I found out the Miracle was tendered at Puerta Maya one week and docked at Punta Langosta the next.

Check out www.cozumelinsider.com They have a chart that lists what ships will be in town and were they will dock. The pier is listed than either interior or exterior for berth. If it say "al pairo", that ship is tendered. Check it over a couple of weeks. I found out the Miracle was tendered at Puerta Maya one week and docked at Punta Langosta the next.

Hey neighbor!!! The docking deal is very confusing, but the site you provided is a great resource. The OP will be there in July which is the slow month and two ships is the norm.. To add to your post Fondeo is also a tender situation. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Cozumel 7/4/07 WEDNESDAY

Tom

Tom,

No worries you will dock, and if your on the Legend than it will be at the Punta langosta pier..:) Cozumel can dock 4 large ships or 5 smaller ones in a day!!!

I am little confused about the docking/tendering situation in Cozumel. According to Cruisecal.com my ship, the Fascination, will be in port on May 30th with only one other ship... the Carnival Legend. I called Carnival and was told that the Fascination would be tendered in Cozumel. If there will be only one other ship in port that day, why would the Fascination have to be tendered??

I am little confused about the docking/tendering situation in Cozumel. According to Cruisecal.com my ship, the Fascination, will be in port on May 30th with only one other ship... the Carnival Legend. I called Carnival and was told that the Fascination would be tendered in Cozumel. If there will be only one other ship in port that day, why would the Fascination have to be tendered??

You will not tender... The legend has been docking at the international pier.. You should dock at the punta langosta pier.:)

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/?Page=CruiseShips&Sort=Arrival

I would put my faith in the above COZUMELINSIDER.COM link

People you call at Carnival HONESTLY do not have access to the most up-to-date information.

It would appear that with even 4 ships in port, that all DOCK (at least over the next few days).

Tom

Archived