Ughh thighs!!

zbar

Does any one have any good suggestions for losing a few inches off the thigh area?? I quit smoking Feb 1 and have gained a few lb's since and it all went to my thighs:eek: . My jeans fit in the waist but not in the legs.. so any ideas would be great..thanks!

I lost several inches off my thighs just from cycling. I did 30 - 40 minutes on the stationary bike 5 days a week and noticed a dramatic difference within 6 weeks or so. Walking will do it too just a little slower.

Hope that helps.

i am a runner, but i still think my thighs are too big so i sarted taking a class called core fusion-see if it is offered in your area (I did a google search to find it here) it has made a big difference in my thights-it has really sculpted them

good luck!

nancy

Same story..exercise exercise exercsise..cardio, cardio, cardio!

Does any one have any good suggestions for losing a few inches off the thigh area?? I quit smoking Feb 1 and have gained a few lb's since and it all went to my thighs:eek: . My jeans fit in the waist but not in the legs.. so any ideas would be great..thanks!

Thanks for all the adivise. As for the exercising I do exercise, well I ride horses (and contrary to popular beliefe it is exercise. :D ) I would like to try to target my thighs. Any way I will try the cycling as I do own a bike. Are there maybe certain leg lifts or something?

I ride also--(dressage) and one of the problems that we have is that we have to keep our thighs soft when we ride so the horse can move . The nice thing is we have to keep our core fit so we don't fall off.

Cross training is the only answer, cycling, kickboxing, step--any cardio that works your legs!!!

Another suggestion is to own a mare and try to catch her in the early spring when she has other things on her mind (just kidding).

Along the horse route, try doing ground work , long reining or lunging or even groung driving once in awhile..or pretend that you are training to show in-hand at a breed show. Its a type of cross training you can do with your critter!!!

Yoga and pilates will do wonders for your riding and will also help to streamline your thighs.

These are some things that have worked for me.

good ideas mountain mare. I ride dressage too. I once started doing actual leg lifts while on my mare.(That mare is now deceased) It was nice for all of us. I like the ground driving idea, as I have a 3 yo that needs some training. I would love to do pilates but I live in such a BFE town that it is not available. I did ride in 2 point for about 15 mintes yesterday but I think that only worked the top part of my upper legs cause they hurt!

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!

Okay zbar--now that I know that you'll know what I'm taking about here are some more ideas.

Not on your 3 year old, but on an older horse beg someone to lunge you, ride without stirrups holding you legs out sideways away from the horse. The reason I say is have someone lunge you is that this is easier if you can concentrate on you and not the horse. You can do this at the walk on anytime.

I live in the boonies and don't belong to a gym--see if you can get some beginning pilates dvds (I started with Pilates for Dummies), you just need yourself and the floor.

When my girl was three I did try to show her in hand, teaching her to go in hand on the triangle was great--and because she is an old line warmblood I still lunge or do groundwork so she stays supple--and shes 12 now.

All of my non-horse exercise is done at home with dvds. We have chosen the cruelest sport--who in their right mind wears white skin tight pants bordered by black boots and a black coat--crazy!!!!

zbar--I forgot one thing. I think Sheila mentioned it, but the ugly problem is the fat, not the muscle. I know you hace strong legs, so spot exercising and firming probably isn't the issue--you just want to get rid of that layer of fat that has formed there, and the only way to do that is to burn more energy than you take in. Cardio seems to be really effective in doing that (and making your heart healthy) no matter where your problem area is.

Don't say bad words when you are practicing your "froggy legs" at the trot--just grin and bear it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived