Jamacia excursion question?

csic

:cool: Sunset beach or Rose Hall Beach Resort?? Heard a lot of good things about both. Since Sunset beach is so close to pier is it crowded? Is there a place to shop for souveniers at the terminal?

I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but you can go to the Jamaica forum and get a lot more replies than posting here. Go to the drop down menu at the bottom of this page where it says Forum Jump, and you will find the Jamaica board. They will probably move this post over there anyway.

I have been to Montego Bay twice but have not done either of those excursions, so I can't help you there.

:cool: Sunset beach or Rose Hall Beach Resort?? Heard a lot of good things about both. Since Sunset beach is so close to pier is it crowded? Is there a place to shop for souveniers at the terminal?

I can only give you my opinion, we did the Rose Hall Beach Resort and wasn't impressed. It was a nice place but did not know we couldn't drink there. We couldn't even buy our own drinks :( Then lunch, hmmmmmm, not quite sure what I ate, hopefully just funny tasting hamburgers:eek:. I am doing something diff this time and probably won't do Rose Hall Beach Resort again!

I debated and researched the same question...decided on Sunset Beach...then changed our minds after hearing about the Sea Trek tour at Doctor's Cave Beach.

We had time on the beach both before and after our Sea Trek (the same as snuba, I think). Beach was clean, reasonably quiet, away from vendors, etc. Some food and drink was available, although we didn't purchase any. I'd go to that beach again anytime. You can take a van from the port to the beach very easily, goes right past Margaritaville (for other food and drink or shopping).

Just for comparisons, that trip was two couples, one in 70's and us in 50's.

I've stayed at Sunset Beach. They have serveral pools along with three beaches (one is clothing optional). One of the pools has a swim up bar and there is also entertainment. On a couple of days that we stayed all day at the resort they had outside vendors come in and sell their things (not so pushy). I loved it. They also had non-motorized water sports, sand volleyball and lots of other things.

I can only give you my opinion, we did the Rose Hall Beach Resort and wasn't impressed. It was a nice place but did not know we couldn't drink there. We couldn't even buy our own drinks :( Then lunch, hmmmmmm, not quite sure what I ate, hopefully just funny tasting hamburgers:eek:. I am doing something diff this time and probably won't do Rose Hall Beach Resort again!

Not sure what rose hall you went to :eek: when we were there in feb. we took the rose hall excursion @ 86.00 per person, and we loved it this was our favorite part of the cruise. after leaving a day of fun on the beach/water park they take you to a small shopping mall. closed to the locals by security gates. its a great place to do some stress free shopping and being that it is all inclusive. we were getting drinks 2 and 3 at a time domestic of course. food was decent nothing to go on about but we didnt go for the food ;) no we are booked to go back in oct. (cant wait) but after reading the jamaica forum here on CC we will be going for the sunset beach excursion it is not offered by carnival and there is no transpertaiton offered in the 40.00 pp rate 20.oo for kids (rose hall doesnt discount for kids) susnset is only 1 mile away from port and is 3 - 5 dollar cab ride each way

as for your other question yes there is a building you walk through to get to busses / cabs that has shopping i would say 15 - 20 diffrent little stores set up flea market style hope this helps

I inquired in to Rose Hall Beach resort as well. I have been told that it has been sold recently. It was a Wyndham property and now it is owned and run alot differently. They said now they have nice adult bevs throughout the day. They also said the outside grill was not that great but that perhaps the buffet inside was better. I guess it was not a very good place to go while Wyndham had it. I don't know all this stuff from personal experience; just what was posted on the Jamaica board.

Thanks for all of your replys. When I was first searching for excursions in Jamacia I noticed the Rose Hall beach resort all inclusive deal for $86 per person. Have a family of five with 3 teenagers. The water park and the beach sounded great with the drinks and food included. Then I started reading cruise critic and wondered about Sunset Beach with the same amenities but at half the price. With it being closer could also spend more time than the 45 minute trip one way to Rose Hall beach. Decisions... decisions..

Thanks for all of your replys. When I was first searching for excursions in Jamacia I noticed the Rose Hall beach resort all inclusive deal for $86 per person. Have a family of five with 3 teenagers. The water park and the beach sounded great with the drinks and food included. Then I started reading cruise critic and wondered about Sunset Beach with the same amenities but at half the price. With it being closer could also spend more time than the 45 minute trip one way to Rose Hall beach. Decisions... decisions..

from what i have read sunset is the way to go only 40.00 saves some cash which is allways good we loved rose hall but plan on giving the sunset a try i dont remember it being a 45 min drive one way though i think it was more like 20 - 25 mins but either way 2 min cab ride is alot better we will go up to margaritaville on the way back to the ship as it is about 1 mile the other way from port

Archived