Helicopter and Boat ride restrictions?

QuilterStamper

You'll have to ask the company you're booked with. I just asked this question yesterday of the company we're doing a helicopter glacier landing with, and the answer was NO. You can leave your backpack at the departure point - but only take what will fit in your pocket - no backpacks. (I'm presuming our binoculars and camera around our neck will still be okay ;) ) Again, I'd check with your vendor.

We took the helicopter ride in Sept 2006, You can leave you stff at the departure area. There is limited space in the helicopter,,no room for extra stuff. They give you special rubber boots to put over your shoes to walk on the ice. They lock up your stuff in a locker while you are gone. You will really enjoy this. It was my first time it was alot of fun the senery is beautiful :) :)

I'll have mine, irisheileen. since we're doing a whale watch first, it's too long a day to do without it! If I have to leave it behind in the helo headquarters :rolleyes: I guess I'll survive! At least I'm prepared ahead of time in case they do enforce that policy! ;)

I'll have mine, irisheileen. since we're doing a whale watch first, it's too long a day to do without it! If I have to leave it behind in the helo headquarters :rolleyes: I guess I'll survive! At least I'm prepared ahead of time in case they do enforce that policy! ;)

The more I think about it, maybe we did leave the backpack behind at Coastal! I don't remember,now, having it while up with the sled dogs.

Eileen

We are booked on Coastal for our May cruise. I spoke with Coastal directly and they indicated they do enforce the rules regarding no backpacks, etc. They have lockers to lock everything up while you are on the tour. We are doing a combination of Captain Larry's in the morning and the helicopter in the afternoon so we won't return to the ship before the helicopter. Captain Larry's will drop us off at Coastal Helicopters. I was told it's no problem that we can lock our backpack up at the tour office.

As long as I know ahead of time, I don't see this as a big problem. I have heard so many raves about these tours, it's a small sacrifice for such a fabulous experience. We were able to book everything independently and save a little money. If you decide to book independently you do it through Captain Larry and they coordinate with Coastal Helicopters.

Have a great trip!

Ann;)

Archived