Harrison's Cave - Will it be re-open by December, 2007?

Hopeful Henry

After the reclosure at the end of this month, it is "scheduled" to reopen "during the 2007 winter".

Or, depending upon whom you choose to listen:

"Harrison's Cave will permanently be open to the public by the end of the year".

You could just hit it perfectly, but you'll have to wait until later this year to see how things are progressing.

I do know that the prices are going up to US$20/pp. We have to somehow pay back that $53,000,000, yes?

BEST! -b-

I'm trying to find out if Harrison's Cave will be re-open by mid December, 2007? I know it is temporarily reopened until May, 2007 but, we don't cruise until December 23rd...

Any info is deeply appreciated.

Henry as of right now they are saying they will reopen fully in November 2007. So it should be ready by your December arrival.

However bear in mind that the Harrison's cave saga is an ever changing one so keep "HOPE" alive.:) Seriously though I believe this time they should run to schedule.

I don't want to be negative here, but I think we should just take this issue one day at at time. Based on the "track record" in the closing for the renovations (it took a year plus from the time they announced until they actually closed), I'm not sure I'd hold my breath for them to be open for Winter Season 2007.

I may take my kids there this morning to have a look, but I certainly will in the next 3 weeks (as they are out of school). I'll try to report back on how it looks at this point.

sunniebgi- We would love to hear what you think of harrison's cave at this point. We're thinking of going to see them, but we weren't sure if it's worth it if they're only half way done.

Please let us know if you see the cave!

The cave itself hasn't and isn't going to change, except they are going to redo the interior lighting.. but the re done (but still unfinished) visitors building is nice. They still have work to do and new additions to the outside to create, so I'm not real sure they will be done by November 07, which is what was said when we went.

• 2 weeks later...

We just came back from Barbados and I was awed by the Harrison cave area. While I didn't go into the caves (too old, fat and out of shape) I believe they were open as I saw some folks paying to go in. However the overlook view is spectacular. I never expected what I saw. I could have stayed there all day observing the area from the overlook. It is breathtaking. Don't miss it.

I don't want to be negative here, but I think we should just take this issue one day at at time. Based on the "track record" in the closing for the renovations (it took a year plus from the time they announced until they actually closed), I'm not sure I'd hold my breath for them to be open for Winter Season 2007.

I may take my kids there this morning to have a look, but I certainly will in the next 3 weeks (as they are out of school). I'll try to report back on how it looks at this point.

I too would like to know if the caves will reopen by December.

I am really looking forward to seeing them!

• 1 month later...

G'day everyone.

I received an email from the management of Harrisons Cave this week saying the caves WILL be open in early December when our cruise ship arrives. Caves are expected to be finished and ready for for tours in November.

Yes... I know even management can't controll unexpected delays but so far so good.

Marleneann.

Archived