P & O Community

katiecoos

Mel

With respect Crowsnest has been mentioned about 4 times now in this thread. LOL :)

Regarding CC (CRUISE CONNECTIONS) I honestly think it is a abandoned site regarding IT support..... why oh why have they not loaded the cruises even for this year from April !!! let alone next years, You cannot add a cruise now for this year to your profile, or arange cc meets when in the old days you would have a list of who is your cruise. Surely it wouldn't take more than a hour or so for a IT person to load them on.

Sue

Would agree with all that has been said - crows nest is extremely friendly to newbies and has a great atmosphere. You have to join to view it and I didn't enter for a while. I eventually gave up with emailing P&O only to be sent my CC password again (I know my password, it just doesn't let me in!:mad: ) and entered crows nest instead. I am now not going to bother with CC because you can ask anything you like on crows nest, and get a great response with very specific details about P&O's ships, etc. I think here is a great resource too, but I find crows nest has more P&Oers on it and is busier as a result.

I find that Crow's Nest is not only a very friendly site, but the speed of it encourages people to answer one's questions quickly.

So instead of the hours' and sometimes days' long wait for a reply on Cruise Connections, the answer can be given in minutes on Crow's Nest.

I also find it very easy to navigate, whereas Cruise Connection's Message Board is a nightmare.

So to all cruisers P&O or not, I would advise you to join and try it. I know the link has been given in this thread already but here it is again.

http://www.crowsnestonline.net/

IzzyR

I have tried to join the P & O Community Board on their homesite, and I don't seem to be able to register. I have booked a cruise on their new ship Ventura and would love to communicate with other cruisers. Has anyone else had trouble registering or logging in.

I too had trouble, It turned out that you need to use Explorer, I was using Firefox but the site does not work with that.

Sue

I too had trouble, It turned out that you need to use Explorer, I was using Firefox but the site does not work with that.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Yes I use Firefox and CC does not work well. I can read everything but I have to transfer to IE to post a comment.

I find however that it works more quickly with Firefox.

I had not considered that some people were having difficulty logging on because they were using FF.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I would like to assure all our friends from across the pond that some of what precedes this post is not typical of UK cruisers.

Most of us are able to live our lives sensibly and move on from the odd setback.

So far as cruise boards are concerned you should all make up your own minds.

Goteborg

... and they will see on Cruiser's Say and Cruise Critic, and before I was banned from Crow's Nest, that I post in the same, friendly, style.

Those who have done nothing but contribute abuse and bullying on Cruiser's Say, hide behind multiple identities and no doubt pose as paragons-of-virtue of the on-line community both here and on Crow's Nest.

No, I will not leave in "high dudgeon" because I guess that ths site operates under similiar protocols as Cruise Connections and Cruisers Say ie you can state an opinion on matters cruisin or non-cruisingso long as it is done in polite and non-abusive terms.

I did not leave Crow's Nest in "high dudgeon" - I was banned for voicing a minority viewpoint re moderation in the same style as I post on here.

The moderation on this thread is incomplete anyway as your reply of the 5 June @ 7.03 am now no longer makes sense in its isolation.

The issue has been all along that a minority of people on Crow's Nest used emotional blackmail to have me banned for voicing a minority opinion in polite and non-abusive terms.

No. What I have explicitly suggested is that moderation should be restricted to genuinely offensive and abusive materal. Your postings under this thread were not offensive and neither were my responses. The removal of certain replies on this thread now may suggest that Cruise Critic is not as well moderated as Cruise Connections or Cruisers Say, both of which only remove abusive messages.

... and they will see on Cruiser's Say and Cruise Critic, and before I was banned from Crow's Nest, that I post in the same, friendly, style.

Sorry had to laugh at this, a couple of years ago can't remember what site it was on. I had the cheek to say something that you didn't agree with and your post was anything but friendly.

Dear Elaine,

A "couple of years ago" I was only posting on Cruise Connections. The search mechanism is now only returning 2007 posts. Perhaps you could illuminate in what context my unfriendly post/reply was in?

I note there is an Elaine C - - - y fom Dunfirmline registered on Cruise Connections twice (2004 & 2007). Dalgety Bay is in Dunfirmline.

Yours sincerely

Derek Kane

We should celebrate different opinions stated in a constructive way. We should all try and not be personal in a negative and destructive way. Remember we only see the typed word on these sites with no facial expressions etc - so often a lot can be left to individual interpretation.

I must say that I have found Derek's posts extremely helpful - always polite, very sensible and courteous. I rarely post on P&O Cruise Connections now as the overall tone of the site has changed significantly over the last 1.5 years. I visit and learn and contribute when i feel that i have something factual that will help someone - but no longer just message.

This site has a broader topic base - wider groupd of people messaging, constant monitoring - long may it continue. :)

Know what you mean. Been twice witn P&O Joined their community a year ago but have never been able to "get in". They keep e mailing me my password but keep refusing me access. Repmar

Still Having trouble even after e-mails

David

Archived