Calica Port & visiting XCaret r Tulum?

Ok,

I was just wondering can you get to XCaret from the Port of Calica? If so how far away is it?

Would anyone that has been to either XCaret or Tulum be interested in posting some information about either of these two places? Like what form of transportation you took & what did you enjoy most about that particular excursion.

It seems like Calica & Cozumel are very close together, but are still different places. I think this can be confusing to people! Anyone that has input about that should also please reply!

Blessings!

We went to xcaret when we were in Calica. We did the shore excursion through Carnival so our transportation was included. They did have taxis outside the pier area that would take you though and it's probably within 5 miles... very close and very worth going. Hope this helps.

They rent cars that can be picked up on the dock in Calica.

We had nice new jeeps...almost like Barbie's jeep.:)

If you're interested, check out the Calica forum in the ports of call.

We drove to Tulum where we picked up Eddie from Edventures and had so much fun. It was the most amazing tour I have ever been on.:)

Calica is just a rock quarry and dock for the cruise ship. We just returned two weeks ago on the Fascination. There are shuttle busses running right from Calica to Xcaret. Actually, the tour Carnival does is a really good deal since it includes transportation. Good tours from Calica. Yes, it's nothing like Cozumel. We took a cab to Playa Del Carmen and enjoyed the beach for a while. PDC was pretty rustic in our opinion. My preference would be Cozumel but nice to see someplace different.

Calica is just a rock quarry and dock for the cruise ship. We just returned two weeks ago on the Fascination. There are shuttle busses running right from Calica to Xcaret. Actually, the tour Carnival does is a really good deal since it includes transportation. Good tours from Calica. Yes, it's nothing like Cozumel. We took a cab to Playa Del Carmen and enjoyed the beach for a while. PDC was pretty rustic in our opinion. My preference would be Cozumel but nice to see someplace different.

I did this tour with my DW we loved it and actually plan to go back to the area for a non-cruise visit.... The water park they take you to with the lagoon is breath taking (if the waters are clear)... I snorkled with more fish than I think I have ever seen.

Xcaret is just about five miles from the dock in Calica...Tulum is about a forty minute drive. TUlum is great for viewing authentic ruins and there is a wonderful beach there that is available for swimming. Cozumel is a ferry ride across the bay from Calica.

Another good alternative is Xel-Ha - about ten minutes before Tulum. That is a natural wonderland with great activities, food, tubing, cliff jumps, hammock islands. You can see more at Xel-ha than at Xcaret. You can rent cars at the dock or there will be many tour companies and/or taxis willing to take you to either place.

Playa Del Carman is still very Mexican in flavor rather than Cancun (about 40 miles away) which has become extremely "Americanized."

Happy Cruising!

We were planning on doing Xcaret simply because it was more conveinent to the cuirse docks, but I'd much rather do Xel-Ha. Does anyone have any idea how much a taxi/tour bus would cost to get to Xel-Ha?

Yes someone please have that answer!

& I guess sjohnson you & I will be seeing each other since we're both on the same cruise!

Well, if you want to go to Xel-Ha and want to share a cab let me know! It's a place I've always wanted to see. Xcaret was just a "2nd best" since it was close to the docks and Carnival offers the excursion. I'am amazed they don't offer an excursion to Xel-Ha. Don't get me wrong, I've heard Xcaret is wonderful, and I'm sure we'd have a good time, however I know some people that have done Xel-Ha and raved about it, and the snorkeling is supposed to be a bit better at Xel-Ha.

Hey there!

In case you didn't sea it in my other post....I contacted Xel-Ha directly thru email today to ask them if they knew about transporation from Calica to them. I asked for what type is best & what is the rate. Hopefully they'll get back to me soon! When they do I'll let you know!

:D

Cruiselubbers...YOU ROCK. Please let me know. :D

Hey there!

Here is a copy & paste of the email I received today from Xel-Ha! It was a very quick turnaround & already I'm impressed with them!

Dear Sandra, Thank you for your interest in Xel-Ha. he ride is about 35 minutes. By taxi is the easiest way it will cost about $35-40usd one way (fit 4 people) Best Regards, Customer Service

Thought this might be kinda high, but they should probably know!

:rolleyes:

Archived