Verizon Cell Phones

BostonRedsoxMA

Has anyone used their Verizon cell in the Cayman Islands orJamaica ? And are roaming rates steep?:rolleyes:

My Cingular was included with no extra roaming charges at all. ... my Verizon needed international setup with Verizon BEFORE you leave home and then it is an extra 69 cents per minute.

Yes, you do need to call Verizon to "turn on" your international service. It's not automatically there. When you call Verizon to do this, just ask them what their international rates are.

I was told by Verizon to make sure I did the update to the phone*228

Had no problems. We did use the phone both on board and in Jamaica. (pregnant daughter delivered while we were cruising) The rate was higher than the 69 cents but lower than the 2.98 ship rate. For the most part service was good.

I signed up for international calling on Verizon a week before our trip. I did not use my phone in the Caymans but in Cozumel it did not work. i did the activation thing they told me to do * something . I would check before you go to make sure it is activated.

Archived