Crying baby in next cabin....anyone?

Riley's Mom

Has anyone ever been in a cabin where your neighbors had a crying baby that interfered with the quality of your sleep/cabin time,cruise??

Most of us do have children and although I wouldn't want to have cabin neighbors who had a crying baby I do understand that it does happen..None of my children ever slept through the night until they were close to 2 yrs old..I wouldn't have wanted to interupt someone's sleep with my babies crying/fussing in the night..

But..if this did happen there is little anyone could do about it ..right?? I am guessing you may be able to move to a different cabin if one were available..

Carla

Continue to call security time and time again until either the baby stops crying or they relocate your neighbors (NO reason you should have to change cabins). This is no different than having a barking dog everynight at the house next door where you would continue to call the police until they do something to quiet it.

We have always been able to hear people talking ,laughing,etc. in the next cabin.. Maybe I just have supersonic hearing!!

One year we did have a young couple with toddlers and they cried early every morning and woke us up,,,but they would leave the cabin early with the children and we were able to get back to sleep.

I do bring a fan for white noise and I guess I could just keep the television on all night to drowned out cabin noise.

One year ..and this was on Royal Caribbean Rhapsody..we had our neighboirs pounding on the wall because we were laughing too loud...This was in the afternoon!! I guess they were trying to take a nap..

Carla

Only on one cruise did I have trouble sleeping with a baby next door. I had on earplugs, to no avail. I knocked on the wall once, around 2am. Crying stopped - for then. Started up again around 4am. Aaarrggh.:(

Worse than that, two teens and about a 6 yr. old were next door, banging on walls, throwing stuff loudly, and...and after the second night I called the purser's office. Someone came down - with the irate parents (who were in a cabin 2 decks above)!! Quieted them down - until the next night, and they got worse. Called again. Parents then had to switch up - one parent in each cabin. HAH!:p

I truthfully have no idea how I would handle that...:( DW has wonderful children and we have grandchildren, but I would certainly jump in if they were making enough noise to interfere with someone elses cruise..! :) I just can not imagine parents/grandparents letting it go that far...;) We all have responsibilities, and our children should NOT be a bother to anyone else!:p

Just IMHO...

The 'Oh Baby' was me....

We've never had a screaming baby next door, but have had loud neighbors on a couple of cruises.

DD is 11 years old and still wakes up at least once a night. She's old enough now to just relax and go back to sleep. When we took our first cruise she was 21 months old and slept through the night every night--must have been the ship's motion. I've seen posts by other moms on the family board saying the same thing. :)

Cheers!

Jayne

No problems with crying children, just rude teenagers. We had one cruise where they would let the doors bang shut everytime either balcony or the main cabin door. It did no good to say anything it just made it worse.

Has anyone ever been in a cabin where your neighbors had a crying baby that interfered with the quality of your sleep/cabin time' date='cruise??

Most of us do have children and although I wouldn't want to have cabin neighbors who had a crying baby I do understand that it does happen..None of my children ever slept through the night until they were close to 2 yrs old..I wouldn't have wanted to interupt someone's sleep with my babies crying/fussing in the night..

But..if this did happen there is little anyone could do about it ..right?? I am guessing you may be able to move to a different cabin if one were available..

Carla[/quote']I guess I am missing your point here.....

This has never happened to you and you have posted this ...."why"????

Have you booked on a ship that is doing an under 12 month old only cruise and parents are welcome to join...?????LOL:eek: :D ;)

I've been lucky enough to only have adults in all the cabins next to me on cruises, so no crying babies. I see a very valid reason for asking though. I would have a tough time sleeping as well because I don't have kids and haven't trained myself to sleep through crying. I have left restaurants because parents couldn't quiet their youngsters, so being stuck in a cabin next to one for an entire week would be extremely difficult and I'd probably have to use my Vacation Guarantee if there were no other cabins available.

On the other hand, I honestly haven't seen any really really young babies on the cruises I've been on, so maybe there is an age restriction of some sort or I just haven't noticed.

Ear Plugs, TV, and Music and just hope you get lucky too! :)

I guess I am missing your point here

This has never happened to you and you have posted this ...."why"????

Have you booked on a ship that is doing an under 12 month old only cruise and parents are welcome to join...?????LOL:eek: :D ;)

Jessemon:

I guess you are missing my point.. I was only wanting information regarding what has occured with other cruisers..The thought of what one should do if this did happen entered my head today..SO what is the harm in asking.

If you have nothing to offer but snide remarks, maybe you shouldn't reply!!!:mad:

Carla

I would have a tough time sleeping as well because I don't have kids and haven't trained myself to sleep through crying.

I'm a mother of four and missed the training on sleeping through my children's crying! :D Sorry, couldn't resist. All of the parents I know are incapable of sleeping through their baby's crying. There may be some out there, but I certainly don't know them! ;)

Cheers!

Jayne

I like these type of post they atleast are not asking the same thing over and over and they are not sticking their nose in something that does not concern them like what I wear, where I sit, how I walk, what I drink, rather I like the ships water or not. You get the point!

But we have never had a problem with crying babies, but on our last cruise we had a couple we had to call security over because the woman got the crap beat out of her by her 400 lb husband NIGHTLY. Security finally got tired of hearing the wife begging "please don't take him" I have been in that position before and when they get out they just do it worse when they see you again. So I can kind of see her point but I think they should have tossed him overboard personally.

As far as babies, I ran daycares so when I see a child I am attracted to speak to them. Most parents that I have ran into has commented that the child sleeps better then they do at home. I guess it is the motion of the ocean :rolleyes:

Well, you have been on six cruises and this hasn't happened to you yet.

Maybe you can worry about meteors crashing into your cabin instead ?

I have actually been on seven cruises..The one coming up will make eight.

And I was just watching the Poseidon Adventure two nights ago..maybe I should start worrying about a rogue wave!!:D

Don't you ever try and prepare..just a little..for the "what ifs" in life ?? That is why I love this site...because of all the info that helps prepare me for the what ifs on a cruise ship..What if my dining room time isn't what I requested..well you fine people have given info as to what steps to take to change that..What if all the deck chairs are taken by chair hogs..again..I have been educated as to how long to wait /watch for the person to return before I can overtake the chair..lol etc.etc,etc.

Carla

I'm a mother of four and missed the training on sleeping through my children's crying! :D Sorry, couldn't resist. All of the parents I know are incapable of sleeping through their baby's crying. There may be some out there, but I certainly don't know them! ;)

Cheers!

Jayne

Long time no see, Dear Jayne..........any recent letters? lol :D ;) :p

Long time no see, Dear Jayne..........any recent letters? lol :D ;) :p

Hey, Cappy! I'm thinking I'm not the one who's been missing. ;) Nice to have you back.

Nope, Dear Steve is still sticking with me--we'll celebrate our 14th anniversary on our cruise this summer. So, if he's crafting a Dear Jayne, I'm clueless! :p

Cheers!

Dear Jayne

Archived