Separate cabin for parents & kids question

Jante

We're sailing on the Miracle this Saturday (hooray!)> Our travel agent put my husband in 1 cabin & me in anither so each cabin had an adult. This will mess up the Sail & Sign card/room key situation. The cabins are adjoining. How & when do I get this straightened out - at embarkation before i get on the ship, once at the ship at the purser's desk, or what???

For future reference Carnival will allow you to book a separate cabin for your kids. Just cross reference them with your booking. We have done this twice in the past with no problems whatsoever. That way you don't have to get extra keys. But like the previous poster has said go to the purser's desk once you board and request extra room keys. You cannot swap the actual sail and sign cards because you use them to board the ship. Your photo will be encrypted in the magnetic strip.

We just went through this last week. Once you board, go right to the pursers desk. Tell them you want the parents in one room, and the kids in another. Then tell them you want a spare for the kids room, so you can check on them, (in case they lock the adjoining door) Don't activate your room safes until you get your keys squared away.

We have sailed 14 times on Carnival....and we always book kids in one and the 2 of us in another. Now we are also always right next to or directly across the hall from our kids.

We did exactly this on our Glory cruise 2 weeks ago. We went straight to the Purser's desk to get extra room keys (as we had in the past) and THIS time, we had to surrender all 4 of our Sail and Sign cards and have them re-issued. They would not give us room keys only. Actually worked out better, one less thing to carry. Our TA was adamant that we had to book 1 adult/1child per room, but Purser's desk said not anymore.

Carnival will allow you to book children in one cabin and parents in another as long as the parents of the children are onboard. We've sailed three times in this past year and have always booked our kids in nearby cabins. Carnival will require a parent in each room if one of the children does not have their parent onboard, such as if your child brings a friend. Since you're already booked with a parent in each cabin, just go to the Purser's desk and request the change. They'll take care of it.... :)

Our TA also insisted that we had to have a parent in each room. Impossible for us since we have 8 kids! I told her just do it like I have it written down. We just put 2 people in each cabin. She called Carnival and of course, it was okay this way. I don't think she has cruised in quite a while! If it hadn't have been for these boards, I would have believed her!

Archived